But still more children enrolled. The third bond issue lor 574,000, was passed Feb. 25, 1953, lor- a school site on Roxboro Rd., Matty-dale.On June 30, 1954, a fourth bond issue for 52,500,000 had to be approved to build the Bear Rd., Smith and Roxboro Elementary Schools and an addition to the former high school.Space In ChurchesBut still enrollments climbed. Space had to be rented in the Methodist and Baptist churches and industrial structures. In December, 1958, another bond issue lor $3,583,000 was approved to build Roxboro and Lake Shore Elementary Schools and purchase a site of 40 acres on South Bay Road, north of the village lor proposed junior high school in the Mure. The Roxboro school, the second in that area, will he ready by 1939. The Lake Shore school is under construction.The district also is using the bid Cicero village school of six rooms,, the Lawrence Road, school of .four rooms, the Brown school on Buckley Road of two room's and' the Pine Grove School on Route 11 ol one. room.Dr, Maurice S. Hammond has been superintendent of schools since 1950.The district’s total budget for 193? - 58 is 53,800,000. Of this amount, $2,130,000 is state aid,PAUL B. WAGNERwhile the remaining amount has to be raised by taxes. The tax rates for the school year have been figured at 534.68 per 51,000 assess-1 ed valuation in the Town of Clay; | 538.88 in Cicero; and $40.10 in Salma.5100,573,914 ValuationThe district’s full valuation Is $100,573,914, while its assesses valuation is $34,262,379. The per pupil cost of operating the plant is $377 a year based on eurrent expenses or $447 on total expenses, including bond payments.Its officials have been active in attempting to establish- a two-year community college in the district’s area, with a possible ate on the Air Base property. They believeOLD LOOK, This one-room scliooihouse once stood on 'Route 31 between Lake Shore and Tuttle Eds., North Syracuse. It was Maple Bay School, used prior to \centralization f district in 1949. 1REMEMBER WHEN? The Moulton School, above, has been closed since prior to 1949. Its pupils now go to the centralized buildings of North. Syracuse School District. But, before then, the one-room school was part of the educational system north of the city.