Order a high-quality 18"x24" poster print of this page. Add to Cart

Salina Journal Newspaper Archives May 27 1990, Page 2

Low-resolution version. To view a high quality image

Start Free Trial
Salina Journal, The (Newspaper) - May 27, 1990, Salina, Kansas 2 May the Salina journal people weather big catch Retiree Zhang Wen shows off a fish he caught in Many Beijing residents enjoy free fishing along the Newman had reasons to be proud a Paul Newman want Only the commencement speaker Friday at Sarah Lawrence he was a proud husband and father who watched his wife and Daugh Ter receive bachelors actress Joanne who squeezed More than a decade of study into her Busy professional life to receive her Drew applause from 285 graduates and More than spectators when she kissed her Blu eyed husband before Newman peppered his 20 minute speech with anecdotes about his life and the creation of his salad he urged the crowd to pay attention to the spirit of Community happens the in Stant two like minded individuals build something for someone address a take a he after daughter Clea Olivia Newman received her a new graduate Joanne Woodward is congratulated by her Paul Newman stood from his chair on the stage and gave her a hug and a two years Lissy another daughter of the new received her degree from the Small Liberal arts College in Westchester county just North of new Rue Mcclanahan has fashion line los Angeles a the Golden girls Star Rue Mcclanahan now has her own body Friendly fashion and accessories designed to Appeal to women of All shapes and Over the years Ive received hundreds of letters from people asking me where i buy my she until they be found each piece was individually tailored for who portrays the naughty Blanche with costars Betty Bea Arthur and Estelle decided it was time to come up with the clothing and accessories line she Calls very Mcclanahan ci0thing which got some help from Knickerbocker creations of Beverly will be available through Cable televisions Home shopping applauded by targets of his talk Colorado a John Denver received a standing ovation from the group he has blamed for threats to the planet the songwriter and activist mixed poetry and a Saveth Earth message in an address to corporate real estate executives and developers at the Industrial development research councils 1990 world he blamed greed and corporate shortsightedness for various threats to the then was caught off guard by a standing ovation from the audience of More than Denver i was shocked very said i think its surprising that they Are to silent time encourages Reading Cincinnati a a television station broadcast a half hour of silence to encourage families to viewers who tuned to Wewt at 7 Friday for the syndicated program inside edition instead saw the please take this time to there was no the program was called read every Day or and preceded the telecast of a baseball game Between the Cincinnati reds and the Montreal it was part of an educational project by the station that has included half hour primetime specials and Public service announcements on station manager Cliff Abromats he said the station plans similar telecasts in the Hes heart Thanh the Salina journal ill ii 740 of local gators a there Are sounds Only dogs can and it meant just for Al you might Call me a Gator Char said 67yearold Fred Greg whose magic trumpet has made him the heartthrob of local Al they like anything i in one recent he launched into a version of hello Dolly that started alligators slithering 200 feet across the neighbourhood Pond to gaze the Man with the who lives in a Mobile has been blowing a trumpet in Community bands and groups for the past 47 years and Only discovered his strange Appeal to alligators five years while sometimes he can attract larger its mostly the baby gators who react swimmingly to Gregory wildlife biologist for the Florida game and fresh water Utah Gard he has heard of humans calling gators by grunting this is a new one for he but it fits the zip 67402 published seven Days u 305 Days per year at Salina Cusps 4780601 Harris publisher Siron Dwass postage paid Al additional mailings made from Hays and Colby news Kay editor Scott manag ing advertising Jane director Chris hop classified manager Jeanny retail Man circulation Bryan manager Norbert mail room Page composition Kenneth repress production press production Dave press business David business area code 913 dial 8236363 copy daily 35c sunday by Carrier in Salina monthly rate including 5 sales by Carrier outside Salina monthly rate including 5 sales by motor route monthly rate including 3 sales mall subscriptions available in areas not serviced by Carrier or motor Send change of address to the Salina Box Kansas if your Salina journal is not delivered by please Call your Carrier or the circulation department at 8236363 out of town same Day delivery will Only be made in response to Calls received prior to in for other service our circulation is open to monday through Friday u noon saturday and sunday to on the advertising and business office will close on saturdays at 12 for 24hour weather Call the Weatherl lne at today Kansas forecast Colby 71 Kansas City Liberal Wichita x s x x v x x s 61990 1 i 4 j 7 Woodland 10 Ity 3 i 1j i j i 12 17 showers storms rain flurries Snow ice sunny Cloudy Cloudy via associated press graphics net Kansas zone forecasts notional weather service forecast zones and 8 mostly Cloudy today with a 30 percent Chance for highs 70 to East to Southeast winds 10 to 15 Cloudy tonight with a 30 percent Chance for lows in the Low to partly Cloudy monday with a 20 percent Chance for afternoon highs in the Low to zones 3 and 6 mostly Cloudy today with a 30 percent Chance for highs in the East to Northeast winds 10 to 15 Cloudy tonight with a 30 percent Chance for lows in the partly Cloudy monday with a 20 percent Chance of Thun highs in the zones 10 and 11 mostly Cloudy today with a 50 percent Chance for highs in the Low East to Northeast winds 10 to 15 Cloudy tonight with a 40 percent Chance for Thunder lows in the mid to upper mostly Cloudy highs in the zones 15 and 16 mostly Cloudy with a 60 percent Chance for showers and Thunder highs 70 to Northeast winds 10 to 15 Cloudy tonight with a 30 percent Chance for Thun lows in the upper mostly Cloudy highs in the zones 12 and 17 Cloudy today with a 60 percent Chance for Thun highs in the Low to mid East to Northeast winds 10 to 15 Cloudy tonight with a 30 per cent Chance for lows around mostly Cloudy highs in the mid to upper extended Outlook tuesday through thursday a Chance for showers and thunderstorms tuesday and wednesday and in the East Early highs in the mid to upper 70s tuesday warming to the Low to mid80s lows in the 50s tuesday and in the upper 50s to Low 60s wednesday and today National forecast 70 fronts re Colo warm stationary 1qo e3 High Low showers Fuh test Ohms of wits Snow pc sunny Cloudy of halt High and Low and precipitation for the hours ended at 7 Belleville 74 Belott 77 Chanute 65 61 Concordia 74 Dodge City 65 Emporia 74 Garden City 72 Goodland 78 Hill City 75 Hutchinson a Liberal 75 Manhattan 78 Russell 68 Topeka 76 Wichita 74 Sun times today Sunset tomorrows Sunrise elsewhere yesterday temperatures indicate High and Tolk cd Dallast cd Kansas Las los Miami cd a psst cd new York cd Oklahoma cd St cd san son Clr cd Hong weather in the news by the associated press storms stretched Over Broad sections of the nations midsection sat urday dropping Hail As big As Golf balls in Oklahoma and extended from the Ohio Valley to the East coast and new Hail fell in parts of with As big As Golf balls at the National weather service Hail almost an Inch in diameter near showers and thunderstorms also covered Southern Salina yesterday temperatures 72 79 63 57 precipitation 24hour to 9 May to Date average May to Date 1 1 average year 1 1 70 72 67 65 als City taxi will be closed from 6 am6 pm memorial Day May 28th to help Honor the veterans who served our country Call the Salina journal temperature forecast 8231900 recorded by Sal i 405 East Iron ave 38277233 Salina Anderson Norris a Ai Shottenkirk Leslie Shutts have a news tip you could win up to 25 Call 8236363 18008276363 Beall Ladymon savings in every department Missy Haggar belted pleated Slacks two Days Only originally tailored for a great in Basic fashion famous makers Missy separates 50 off skirts and pants in knit or Woven assorted colors and Missy ship n Trigway Blouse two Days Only originally polyester Short sleeve Blouse in several women casual dress shoes 0 easy Street and studio Low or mid Heel pumps or comfortable walking shoes various off Young mens shirts a super Price on fashion knit shirts and screen print in assorted mens casual dress pants by famous makers off Missy shorts tops Large selection in assorted styles in stripes or Junior sportswear assorted shorts and tops in prints or 50 Haggar dress or Fez casual pants in a variety of sizes mens Woven shirts London Stanley Blacker Short sleeve shirts just right for Fez pleated shorts in several 8252647 open memorial

Search all Salina, Kansas newspaper archives

All newspaper archives for May 27, 1990

Browse
Order a high-quality 18"x24" poster print of the page above.