Patoka Register (Newspaper) - April 3, 1936, Patoka, Illinois
LOCAL MEWS NOTES
Mss Mary Caldwell who is employed in Jacksonville, is spending several weeks with Patoka home folks, preparatory to a surgical operation which she will submit to in the near future for he removal of tonsils.
Mr. and Mrs. Lesle Walker recently moved from the Forest Cothern farm to the Joseph Towler farm, west of Patoka. The Cothern residence will be occupied by Merritt Caldwell and family.
Mr. and Mrs. Tom Stephens of Casey were Sunday visitors with friends here. Mrs. Stephens Temain-BRADLEY & EGGER MILLINERY
If you leave it to the sharpest
pencils in town......
we’ll be seeing you.
We refer to the young men who have style eyes in the back of their heads but who, unfortunately, do not have rich uncles.
And to the married chaps who» like to look up and doing but who have to look up a butcher and grocer the first of every month.
You can make your income go further by going no further than HOFFMAN’S this Spring.. .we’re telling you here.. and thousands of other men will tell you if you’ll ask them.
131 South Locust Sreet
EXECUTOR'S NOTICEFOX ILLINOIS
THEATRE CENTRALIA, ILL.
We invite all the Ladies to call and see our line of SPRING and EASTER HATS Before Buying—All Prices.
lEstate of Elmer E. Carter, deceased.
The undersigned, having been appointed Executors of the last Will and Testament of Aimer E. Carter, late of the County of Marion, and State of Illinois, deceased, hereby gives notice that they will appear before the County Court of Miarion County, at the CouTt House in Sa-
“The Country Doctor”
THE DIONNE QUINTUPLETS Jean Hersholt—June Laug Thur«.-Fri. Apr. 9-10
“I DREAM TOO MUCH”
Lily Pons—Henry Fonda
Saturday, April 11
ELEANORE WHITNEY Tom Kenne—'Dickie Moore
SONG OF THE SADDLE
with DICK FORANVote for McGaughey To Support Roosevelt Program in Congress
K. W. WEBSTER
Plumbing and Heating Contractors
j 116-118 South Poplar Street TELEPHONE 43 CENTRALIA, ILL.
New 3 Piece Bed Room Suites $34.50
50 Lb. Mattress...........$4.95
Inner-Spring Mattress $11.50
Centralia IllinoisEASTER SUITS >.00 $17.50 $22.50
S CLOTHIERS I
f 122-124 E. Broadway f
à Centralia Illinois $
“Wife vs. Secretary”
Clark Gable — Myrna Loy
Those Better Clothes Youve Wanted GET THEM NOW FOR EASTER.
$1.00 and up by Students
Finger Wave (dryed) .25
EGYPTIAN ACADEMY OF BEAUTY CULTURE
5th Floor City National Bank Building Centralia, Blinois PHONE 455
New Clothes? Sure you’ll have new Clothes for Easter! But how will these new clothes you get look six months after Easter? Will they still have their original smartness? Will you still be proud to wear them? If you get yourself some better clothes, the better clothes that you’ve wanted for so long, you can be sure that they’ll hold up under months and months of hard wear! And in the end you’ll find that Hutter Clothing Company clothes will prove to be one of the smartest investments you ever made!
Read This Statement
Spring Suits—$14.90, $17.90, $19.75, $25
Wm. Hutter Clothing Co.
As a candidate for Congress I ask the support of all voters who believe in President Roosevelt and the great work he is doing for the Nation. I endorse the Roosevelt social security program and believe that the interests of the people of this 23rd District require especially:
1. A continued national AGRICULTURAL PROGRAM which assures the farmer of ECONOMIC EQUALITY and his rightful share of the national income.
2. Comprehensive social security program of the Roosevelt type, which will include adequate OLD AGE PENSIONS, with provisions assuring the interests of widows and orphans.
3. Further legislation to protect the security of the laboring man and enable him to participate as he should in returning national prosperity.
4. A government works program on permanent national improve/ments to continue until private industry, throlugh returning prosperity, can furnish jobs to citizens who otherwise must depend on charity for the support of their families.
5. Legislation to promote the prosperity of the small business man, and protect him from unfair completition.
6. Establishment of adequate hospital facilities for disabled war veterans of Southern Illinois IN SOUTHERN ILLINOIS, to provide better medical service to the veteran at less cost to the government, with less “red tape.”
10c WALLPAPER 10c SENSATION
Floor Surfacing Machine for Rent—Make Your Old Floors Like New.
SAVE OVER 50%
All Suntested and Most All On Heavy Grounded Stock. All 1936 Patterns.
1 Ac DOUBLE ROLL
You will be surprised at such values.
1Qr DOUBLE ROLL
These papers sold as high as 40c per double roll.
O An DOUBLE ROLL
Unlitnited Patterns in this group of papers.
DOUBLE ROLL 5,000 ROLLS
You Will Find Some of the Very Finest Papers In This Group
WALLPAPER REMOVING MACHINE FOR RENT. Use Our Lay-away Plan. A Small Deposit Will Hold Goods.For Representative In Congress
23rd DistrictMcCOYS SHOE STORE