New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - October 29, 1996, New Braunfels, Texas
Herald-Zeitung □ Tuesday, October 29, 1996 O 3
From Page 1
not find anyone who can support that statement, not a teacher, not a student, not anyone...If there are students who are (circulating the stickers), we are not aware of it.”
Campos, vice president of the board, said he has heard there are stickers circulating, but he has not seen them.
He said he does not know anything about them, and had no further comment on the issue.
Weaver said he sees the stickers as a way to cast a negative light on Campos and himself for Turman and Engler’s reassignments.
”1 think it’s unfortunate that somebody felt they needed to do that,” Weaver said. ’’Again, it’s just another effort on somebody’s part to pin the blame for the reassignments on Dr. Campos and I...I would remind people again drat there were six votes on that.”
I*?* MIMS -Tt^HOS?1** Mallow HoSiO
uhL fell* Mw-lW 1-20 7^5
TK GMMB x
* Presented in
625-4411 290 W San Antonio
• Which Texas Judge was rated “Best-Qualified” by an overwhelming 89% in this year’s official State Bar Poll?
Photo submitted by the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce
The Blue Coats of the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce helped JAR Gymnastics in a Sept. 25 ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new karate addition. Participants in the ceremony included J&R owners James and Robin Jeffers, New Braunfels Mayor Jan Kennedy and J&R instructors Erik Strom and Alan Schrieber.
From Page 1
uling is the issue,” Turman said. **I think if I had been against block scheduling, some people would be
One person stood up and said she voted for Dr. Carlos Campos because she wanted to see changes made to the accelerated block schedule.
| Campos and Steve Weaver, who were both elected to the board in August, have drawn the most ire over the reassignment of Turman and Engler, although the board endorsed the transfers by a 6-1 vote.
The woman said she did not vote with the knowledge of a personal " agenda.
J “That’s not why my vote went v were it did,” she said. “I apologize to you both.”
> The group also discussed *• Birdberry’s job offer from the Keller £ Independent School District in the £ Dallas-Fort Worth area.
> Birdberry is expected to make a
> decision on the proposal at the end of •the week, and the group discussed Z ways to persuade him to stay.
> “He doesn’t want the money, he
• wants the support of the school Aboard and he doesn't have it,” said Jl&cky Hill, a candite in the fjAfcigust election who lost to Weaver.
• The group also discussed what
• approach to take to get board
• members to listen to their concerns, including the use of petitions, letters
„ and surveys and the formation of a I political action committee.
I Some in attendance at Monday’s
• meeting circulated a petition calling ; for the trustees to listen to majority ; of the entire school district. It also ' called for the board to show support
for the administration, work to keep a Bradberry in the district and to return ♦Turman and Engler to their former positions at the high school.
The group plans to meet again
• Nov. 4 at Honors Hall behind the
• Civic Center.
(.II I HOOKS AV MI AIU I
WALNUT 6 629-6400
III 35 and Walnut Ave.
Judge Jimmy Carroll
Chief Justice, 3rd Court of Appeals
That’s because Judge Carroll
•A TOUGH, NO-NONSENSE APPROACH TO DANGEROUS CRIMINALS
•Upholding the highest ethical
STANDARDS AT ALL TIMES
Photo submined by the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce The Blue Coats of the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce helped James and Robin Jeffers in a Sept. 25 ribbon-cutting ceremony for the new dance studio addition at J&R Gymnastics. Others In attendance included New Braunfels Mayor Jan Kennedy, dance instructor Tamara Grau and Doug Millar, chairman-elect of the chamber.
To subscribe to the Herald-Zeitung, call 625-9144.
“/ have been honored to serve on the Court of Appeals. My commitment to the people of Texas is the same now as it has always been: to exercise fairness, integrity, and strict independence on the Court. I hope you will cast your vote for me on November 5."
Judge Carroll’s name will appear in the middle of your ballot, immediately after your state representative candidates.
Judse Jiminy -a 4
AN OUTSTANDING TEXAS JUDGE!
Saturday, November 2nd Is
Stop by this Saturday from IO AM to 5 PM and participate!
• I RIT Camera Service ( Jillie!
(’.anon (icai Only!
• (anion Representatives to Consult With!
• IKll. Clifts with Early Purchase!
• Prizes for first BO People to ( heck Out the Newest
• A fabulous (irand Prize I) rawing!
SAIT; PRICKS ON:
• Camera Bags
• I lash Units
FREE CAMERA SERVICE CLINIC!
( anon Repair technicians will clean k cheek your ( anon
AT NO CHARGE! IO AM to 5 PM.
l imit 2 items-No Dealers Please
Kit with EF 35-80mm Zoom Lens
• Incredibly compact and light
• Fast 3-point Multi-Wide Autoloading
• Powerful auto pop-up flash with Red-eye reduction
• Silent Film advance
• Available custom accessories: Remote Switch,
Grip Extension ane Eyepiece Extender
• Compatible with the entire EF lens family including high-speed Ultrasonic lenses
• Includes Canon U.S.A., Inc., I-year limited warranty/registration.
• Fully Automatic Compact Camera with Built-in 3.6 (38-136mm) Power Zoom Lens.
• Elegant Champagne Metal
• Convenient Best-Shot Dial with 7 Shooting Modes.
• High-precision 3-poinl Smart Autolocus tor Sharp Focus Every Time.
• 1/1200 sec. Top Shutter Spiced Plus Real-Time Release.
• Built-in Retractable Automatic Flash with REd-Eye Reduction
• Includes Canon U S A., Inc. 1-year Limited
Special Canon Day Price
• Improved Eye Controled Focus™ works in both vertical and honzontal camera positions
• Distinctive aluminum styling and improved control layout.
• New E-TTL evaluative flash metering with optional Speedlite 380 EX
• Canon's exclusive AIM (Advanced Integrated Multi-Point) control system links 3-point AF to multi-zone metenng tor available light and flash
• Choice of 10 exposure modes includes scale metered manual
• 6-zone evaluative, 9.5% partial and center-weighted average metering
• Choice of 2.5fps continuous or single frame shooting with exclusive Whisper Drive™.
• Includes Canon U S A , Inc I-Year Limited Warranty/Registration Card.
Special Canon Day Price
• The world's smallest and the most elegant zoom camera (as ot
•. Highest quality throughout, from its durable stainless steel body to its ultra-sharp 24-48mm £ all-glass aspheric zoom lens
• Canon’s exclusive Hubnd AF (active/pasive autofocus) technology assures sharp photos
• Easy drop-in loading, built-in flash, and fully automatic operation
• Includes Canon U S A Inc. 1-year limited Warranty/Registration Card
Special Canon Day Price
IO A.M. to 5 P.M. Sat. Nov 2nd 1551 N. Walnut Ave.
" The Oaks Shopping Center" CAMERA
S 625-5524 SHOP