New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - October 8, 1997, New Braunfels, Texas
The Herald-Zeitung will publish the 1998 Horizons Edition from Sunday, January 18,1998 through Sunday, January 25,1998.Two of the sections of Horizons will be A Day in the Life of New Braunfels and Neighbors. A Day in the Life of New Braunfels is a pictorial section designed to capture life in our community. Neighbors is a section which depicts relationships between local family, friends, and neighbors.
We are requesting photos and information for these two section from you, our readers.Here’s How It Work’s...
Day in the Life of New Braunfels
* Readers will submit photographs taken on Friday, Nov. 7, for this section of Horizons.
* Photographs must come with cutline information detailing who is in the photograph, what they are doing, when they are doing it and why they are doing it Photographs also must come with the photographer's name, address and phone number.
• Photos may be dropped off at the Herald-Zeitung offices or mailed to “Day in the Life, c/o New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung, 707 Landa St, New Braunfels, Texas 78131.”
* Margaret Edmonson will be the contact for this project if any of the shooters have any questions.
• Photos will be selected by the Herald-Zeitung staff for publication.
Prizes will be awarded for best photographs.
• Photos must be in the Herald-Zeitung offices by Nov. 14.
• Readers will submit letters/articles about their neighbors in New Braunfels and Comal County. Submissions will detail the special things a particular neighbor does or why a neighbor is so special.
• Submissions must be no longer than 500 words.
• Stories can be dropped off at the Herald-Zeitung offices or mailed to “Neighbors, c/o New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung, 707 Landa St, New Braunfels, Texas 78131.”
• The deadlines for submission will be Nov. 14 to allow for photographs to be arranged.
• Margaret Edmonson will be the contact for any questions about this section.
Fire Prevention Week Oct. 5-11
• * , £.jhi d v im ! Hi *• , j ;; %nThe best way to deal with a fire, Is not to have one In the first place. Follow these sh to help prevent fires, and keep your family
This important safety message appears courtesy et:
Always keep a fire extinguisher handy Keep curtains, towels and stray materials away from stove and oven Keep matches
away from childrenENIEX
A raomsaa rumor coupurr 290 South Casted • New Braunfels
Make sure your outlets and extension cords can handle the wattage of the appliances Check tor frayed cords and torn insulation
NEW BRAUNFELS UTUTES For information call Consumer Programs 830-629-8492
Never smoke in bed1 Make sure candles burn safely, away from curtains or other hanging combustibles
IN CASE OF FIRE...
Review emergency procedures and escape routes with your family, periodically, so that if a fire occurs, everyone will know exactly what to do!
TXI CENTMENT COMPANY 7781 FM 1102 • 512-396-4244
Always use a screen, and have your chimney cleaned at least once a yearSunbelt Cement. Inc.
2580 Wald Road New Braunfels, TX 78132
Store chemicals safely, away from heat Have your furnace or heating system serviced and checked yearly, for leaks or other problemsyiLARM /AUTOMATION
DI v. of Sailor Fire Equipment, Inc.
SOS Tra4a Caster Dr. 880 C98 MW