New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - May 27, 1993, New Braunfels, Texas
8-A ■ HerakJ-Zeitung ■ Thursday, May 27,1993
Award of Patriotism
Tressie Russell,center, was presented with a Patriotic Citizens Award by Ladles of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Auxillary Post 7110, for displaying the American Flag. L to R Ardlth Mueller, Auxillary President, and Americanism Chairperson Pearl Beirsdorfer.
Thursday, May 27
• New Braunfels Noon Lions Club meets at noon at the Seniors Center, 665 Landa St.
• Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 2999 sponsors bingo at 7 p.m. at the Eagles Hall, 257 E. South St.
• Comal Community Band rehearses at 7:30 p.m. in the New Braunfels Middle School band hall. Call Ken McGuire, 625 7728.
• The Downtown Rotary Club meets Thursdays at noon at Krause’s Cafe.
• New Braunfels Kiwanis Club meets at noon at the Victoria Bank and Trust North Building, 1000 N. Walnut Ave. More information is available at 625-6945.
• The SonShine Singers, the senior adult choir of the First Baptist Church, meet each Thursday morning in the Great Room of the Christian Life Center.
• The New Braunfels Multiple
There's only one way to come out ahead of the pack.
Scleroses Support Group will meet at Finkle’s Restaurant an noon.
• The New Braunfels Multiple Scleroses Support Group will meet at noon in Finkel’s Restaurant Hannilore Brotze will be the guest speaker.
The next meeting for the Comal County Caring For Children Committee will be held at 7:30 a m. at Krause’s Cafe.
Friday, May 28
• Riley’s Backbone Chili Cook-OfT is Saturday, May 29 at 3971 FM 32 between Blanco and San Marcos. There will be various activities for children and as well as entertainment for everyone. For more information call (210) 964-2612.
• VFW Post 7110, 600 Peace Ave., for bingo at 7 p.m.
• New Braunfels Woodcarvers meet from 12:30-3 :30 p.m. at the
Senior Citizens Center, 655 Landa St.
More information is available i at 629-1161.
Saturday, May 29
• Comal County Sportsman Association Inc., 252 Kowald Ln. in New Braunfels, sponsors bingo at 1:30 p.m. More information is available at 629-2603 or 625-7443.
• American Legion Post 35 conducts Bingo at the Comal County Sportsman Club. Early bird is at I 7 p.m. and the regular game is at 7:30 p.m. Food is available beginning at 6 p.m.
Monday, May 31
• New Braunfels Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol meets at 6:30 p.m. at the NBISD Education Center, 430 W. Mill St. More information is available at 620-5162.
\TEXAS FARMERS MARKET /
NEW BRAUNFELS CERTIFIED FARMERS MARKET
Farm Fresh Produce
Starting Friday, May 14th Open Every Friday, 5:00 p.m. Until Sell-out Market Located at Comal County Fairground
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Joe Taylor, Comal County Extension Agent: (210) 625-9178 Marilyn Wahne-Magaro, Texas Department of Agriculture: (512) 225-3464
BECKER MOTOR COMPANY'S MEMORIAL SALES EVENT!
GET BECKER'S LOW, COMPETITIVE PRICE, PLUS FACTORY DISCOUNTS TOO!
1993 CHRYSLER LEBARON
CHRYSLERS MID SIZE LUXURY SEDAN
'^7' UP TO $975 IN ^ " PACKAGE DISCOUNTS!-
1993 DODGE SPIRIT 1993 PLYMOUTH ACCLAIM
MID SIZE FAMILY SEDANS THAT SEAT SIX!
$1 OOO factory
I-1 I’lUU I I I nV^L/L.
UP TO $1086 IN ACKAGE DISCOUNTS!11*!*
PLUS AN ADDITIONAL
OUNT OF $500 FOR
Ply mot jib
BECKER MOTOR CO
-ssegmsmm"New Braunfels' Oldest Dealership" 625-3463 547 South Seguin 1-800-879-2621
Tr*-.- V* J J* ,
^ Memorial ©ay Mattress Mania!!!
|V»V» -VV/, /.y .• ....V, • 7 WVA-A’A-
Special Memorial Day Hours 10-5
mK^res&mA - s.
THE QUICKEST LITTLE BEV. BARN IN TEXAS
MEMORIAL WEEKEND SPECIALS!!
CAMPING SUPPLIES ICE COLD BEER & WINE •CIGARETTES •FOOD
WE ARE HERE
8WE OFFER ONE STOP SHOPPING WITH DRIVE THRU CONVENIENCE1660 LOOP 337 JUST PAST RIVER ROAD 629-7331
FIRM TWIN SIZE
EXTRA FIRM TWIN SIZE
SUPER FIRM TWIN SIZE
$39 $69 $99 $129
* EA. PC. * EA. PC. * EA. PC. * EA. PC.
FULL es. aet $79 FULL ea aet $169 FULL ea aet $249 FULL ea aet $329
QUEEN aet $109 QUEEN set $219 QUEEN set $339 QUEEN set $439
KING aet $139 KING aet $279 KING set $459 KING set $519
3 Piece Living Room Set Complete Bunk Bed w/ Mattress 2 Way Recliner
Offer expires June 5th, 1993.
$99Sleep Well Furniture WarehouseMore Than Just Beds Much More!* Quality Furniture At Affordable Prices
FM482at SolmsRd.(IH35Exit 183 I Blk West) r/..^ New Braunfels, Tx.
Open Tues, ll-5pm Wed. ihru Sal. 10-6pm OZy’