New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - May 19, 1995, New Braunfels, Texas
16 ■ Herald-Zeitung ■ Friday, May 19,1995Hummelfest 1995 offers a plethora of events starting today and going all weekend
Hummelfest 1995, the annual fundraising event for The Hummel Museum, Inc., in New Braunfels, will take place May 19-21. The following events arc scheduled:
* Hummelmarkt—Friday and Saturday, May 19 and 20, IO a.m.-6 p.m. and Sunday, May 21,11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wursthalle Landa Park. Admission $3, which is good for all 3 days. Plenty of secondary market Hummels and collectibles galore. A wide array of arts and crafts to appeal to everyone. Hourly Door Prizes!
* Free Appraisal of Your Hummel Figurines—Bring one or two (no more) of your Hummel figurines and receive a free appraisal at Hummelmarkt.
* Introduction of a New One-of-a-Kind Hummel Resource—Meet Mr.
Ken Armke, author of Hummel: An Illustrated Handbook and Price Guide, and authority on the marketing of M.I. Hummel figurines. Purchase this book hot off the press and have it autographed. (If delivery is delayed, autographed copies will be mailed.)
* The First Annual Museum Golf Tournament—Friday, May 19, Noon. Chaparral Country Club. Limited number of players; register early. $60 per person covers cart and green fees. Door prizes and golfing prizes.
* The Hummel Museum’s Annual Membership Meeting—Friday, May 19, 7 p.m. The Hummel Museum Video Room. Free Admission (Limited to museum members only).
* The Hummel Museum’s Advisory Board meeting—Saturday, May 20,9
a.m. The Hummel Museum Board Room.
* Barbecue—Saturday, May 20, 6:30 p.m. $ 15 per person. Dine on the banks of the Comal River on the Wurstfest grounds.
* Historic Volkswalk—Saturday and Sunday, May 20 and 21,9 arn Meet at the Hummel Museum. Sponsored by the New Braunfels Marsch und Wun-dergruppe. This sanctioned walk takes you through historic downtown and into beautiful Landa Park for a 3-6 mile trek.
* Sunday Morning Mass on the Steps of the Museum—Sunday, May 21,9 a.m. The Most Reverend Archbishop Patrick Flores officiating. Join us for this special Mass in honor of Sister Maria Innocentia Hummers date
of birth. In case of rain, the Mass will be at the Knights of Columbus Hall, across from the Wurstfest grounds.
* A Salute to Sister Hummel/Birthday Celebration—Sunday, May 21, 10:30 arn $5 per person.
* Hummel Family Reunion—Come join us and exchange family information which will be compiled in a database for future research. Meet other Hummels and take part in a genealogy workshop.
* Museum Vault Tours—All three days. $25 per person. Hosted by Sieglinde Schoen Smith. Hear untold stories about Sister Hummel, her ait, and view selected pieces of this multimillion dollar collection of art in the vault.
* Seminars— (I) Mrs. Marion
Sansalone, of Michigan, is a long time collector of Hummel art and figurines, is very knowledgeable about both and is known to collectors across the U.S. (2) Mr. Dick Hunt, of Ronda, is the author of The Goebel Miniatures of Robert Olszewski: An Authoritative Reference and Price Guide. Mr. Hunt will give seminars followed by question and answer periods. (3) Mr. Ken Armke, of New Braunfels, author of the just-released book, Hummel: An Illustrated Handbook and Price Guide, will autograph his new book. (4) Ms. Kim Bailiff, from the M.I. Hummel Club, will speak on “M.I. Hummel Figurines: The Gift for a Lifetime.” (5) Mrs. Sieglinde Schoen Smith, special projects director of the Hummel Museum, was a child model for sever
al drawings created by Sister Hummel. She will also sign gift shop purchases.
* Rare and Priceless M.I. Hummel Figurine Collections—View the priceless collections so generously donated to the museum by Hummel collectors. Over 1,100 will be on display.
* All New Art Exhibit on Display— There will be guided tours all three days so that you can truly appreciate the nuances of Sister Hummel’s art. Enjoy art never before on public display.
* Raffle—First Prize is Strike Up the Band Hum 668, donated by the M.I. Hummel Club. Valued at $1,200. Many other exciting prizes.You need not be present to win. Drawing will be held Sunday, May 21, at 3 p.m. at Hummelmarkt.
DISCOVER DOWNTOWN NEW BRAUNFELS
Mon - Wed - Fried Shrimp Plates Tues - Stuffed Bell Pepper Plates Wed - Mexican Special Plates Fri - Fried Catfish Plate or Fish TO GO by the pound
BBQ A all the trimmings for small and Urge parties.
TOGO by the pound.
148 S. Caste!! 625-7581
t Al Iii
v f //
New Arrivals From Brazil
206 S. Casted 629-6561
The Huwwet FEST '95
To Benefit The Hummel Museum. Inc.
A HUMMEL FAMILY REUNION AND SPECIAL EVENTS TOO NUMEROUS TO MENTION!
WURSTHALLE ~ LANDA PARK
Come Join Us For A Fun Filled Weekend. Many Secondary Market Dealers and Crafts People Will Set Up For "That Special Find"
Fri 19*11 a.m to 9 p.m.; Sat IV It a.m. to 6 p.m. Sal 21 ll a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission. $3.00 Good all three days.
199 MAIN PLAZA gg P O. Boa 311 HOO | New BranaMa, TX 71131
HUMM May 19,20,21
At The Wur‘
Elizabeth Arden Bonus Buy
Tour the Vault
Saturday - Take the Historic Volkswalk Sunday - Mass at 9:00 a.m.Hummel Market Art & Crafts & Food
Ceramide Purifying Toner &
Ceramide Purifying Cleanser Your BONUS w/purchase of
Ceramide Time Complex Moisture Cream
3.3 fl oz. Red Door Perfumed Body Lotion
Your BONUS w/purchase of
Red Door 1.7 oz. Eau De ToUette Spray
Hurry I!I Bonus buy available only whits supplies last
339 Main Plaza 625-3211
Mr \ T OLLBRECHT1:
JZL ▼ PHARMACY
HS THE SEASON
”365 Days of Christmas”
Year Round Christinas Village
A unique store of Holiday Images, exciting Collectables and other seasonal gibs
Great Savings This Weekend Sidewalk Cart Sale
80% off with this ad on In store Items. Good only Saturday 5/80/95 OPEN Mon thru Sat 9*0 am • ftOO pm TUI (kOO pm Thursday & Friday 866 We* San Antonio Street • (SIO) 689 • 9711