New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - May 15, 1996, New Braunfels, Texas
Herald-Zeitung Q Wednesday, May 15,1996 O 3
• James Patrick Talman, 51, of New Braunfels. Died April 15,1996.
• Milton Alves, 89, of Seguin. Died April 13,1996.
• Jean O. Muir, 85, of New Braunfels. Died April 15,1996.
• Waltraut Trudy" Neely, 59, of New Braunfels. Died April 16,1996.
• Gordon H. "Pop" Zunker, 88, of New Braunfels. Died April 16,1996.
• Valeska Pantermuehl, 90, of New Braunfels. Died April 17,1996.
- • Bruno Gass, 90, of Bulverde. Died April 17,1996.
' • Betty Louise Hennig, 71, of New Braunfels. Died April 16,1996.
• Erma Wilson, 65, of New Braunfels. Died April 18,1996.
• Bruno H. Gass, 90, of Spring Branch. Died April 17,1996.
• Nancy Faye Laecheiin Hajek, 47, of Bay City. Died April 19,1996.
; • Ema B. Wison, 65, of New Braunfels. Died April 18,1996. i • Robert Arthur Claycomo 53, of (slew Braunfels. Died April 19,1996.
' • Emelie Steinbach, 75, of New Braunfels. Died April 21,1996.
| • Charles E. Neely, 66, of New Braunfels. Died April 21,1996.
• Theresa "Terry" Marie Mossman, 36, of Seguin. Died April 22,1996.
• Thomas F. Alvarez Sr., 68, of New Braunfels. Died April 24,1996.
< • Leona Mae Arnold, 81, of Kyle, Texas. Died April 22,1996.
i • Charles Scott Deering, 65, of Dallas. Died April 23,1996.
/ • Francisca Mendoza, 76, of New Braunfels. Died April 24,1996.
. • Maria Rose Flugrath, 28, of New Braunfels. Died April 25,1996.
• Granville Allen Bolton, 84, of New Braunfels. Died Apii 27,1996.
• William Mims, 74, of New Braunfels. Died April 27,1996.
• Laura Catherine Katie" Tumage, 47, of New Braunfels. Died April 27, 1996.
• Bernice Dale Cheatham, 89, of New Braunfels. Died April 28,1996.
• Albert Tackert Sr., 81, of Canyon Lake. Died April 29,1996.
• Sofia Urias, 60, of New Braunfels. Died April 29,1996.
; • Katherine M. Key, 62, of New Braunfels. Died April 29,1996.
• Elvers Frances Uljedahl, 81, of New Braunfels. Died April 30,1996.
• Samuel "Un” Cathcart III, 45, of San Marcos. Died May 2,1996.
• Ward A. Stackpole, 78, of Comal pounty. Died May 2,1996.
< • Erhardt A. Moos, 90, of New ^Braunfels. Died May 2.1996.
«; • George E. Nowotny, 89, of New Braunfels. Died May 3.1996.
J’ •Frances C. Luna, 66, of New tiled May 3, 1996.
< • Emiliano Villarreal, 84, of New Braunfels. Died May 4,1996.
s; • Amanda Jane Gooden, four fnonths, of New Braunfels. Died May 8,1996.
;; • Frances L. Lopez, 53, of New Braunfels. Died May 4,1996.
J • • James Alexander McFarland, 88, pf Pontotoc, Texas. Died May 6,1996. J! • Lino A. Ramirez, 79, of New Braunfels. Died May 4,1996.
I! • Alois J. Riedei, 86. of Selma. Died 1Q96.
New businesses open
► HOME BUYERS
►mew or existing homes NEW HOME CXINSTRUCnON Interim a permanent financing
[EDUCE YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS IOST CLOSING COSTS CAN BE FINANCED
$ FOR FREE ANALYSIS $VILLIAMS FINANCIAL 620-6269
THE TEXAS NATURAL & WESTERN SWING FESTIVAL DOWNTOWN - SAN MARCOS MAV 17 a 18 a iv
★ MAV 17 ★
Texas Natural Trail Ride. Call 512-393-8430 For Registration De tails.
• Frank Earl Wimberley, 83, of Canyon Lake. Died May 5,1996.
• Ruth Freeman Cole, 93, of New Braunfels. Died May 7,1996.
• Frank Garcia, infant, of New Braunfels. Died May 1996.
• Robert K. Morrow, 83, of Canyon Uke. Died May 7,1996.
• Evelyn Alvina Schumacher, 94, of New Braunfels. Died May 8,1996.
• Ruby Helen Kiesling, 84, of New Braunfels. Died May 9,1996.
• Ragheb Haidar Khazen, 55, of Austin. Died May 1,1996.
• Charles Arthur "Chuck” Wilson, 53, of Canyon Lake. Died May 9, 1996.
• Ramon Espinosa, 48, of New Braunfels. Died May 9,1996.
• Herbert Kraft, 81, of New Braunfels. Died May 11,1996.
The following people were married with licenses from Comal County:
• Ricardo Crespo and Alicia Martinez Chapa of Converse.
• Stephen Andrew Sassman and Laura Angelica Martinez of New Braunfels.
• Jesus Correa and Jacqueline Columia Flores of New Braunfels.
• Scott Michael Messerle and Carol E. Canino of San Antonio.
• Terrance Lewis Cooksey and Tammy Lynn Thaler of New Braunfels.
• David Sisk Shelton and Christine Elaine Nack of Canyon Lake.
• Aaron Lee Buch and Julie Ann Coden of New Braunfels.
• Michael Scott Percell and Elizabeth Ann Garrett of Canyon Lake.
• Jose Luis Rios-Lopez and Apolonia Nava Corona of New Braunfels.
• Robert Wayne Pantermuehl and Susan Murray Himes of Washington, D.C.
• Justin Ray Burkhardt and Courtney Ruth Barlow of New Braunfels.
• Jesus Molina Arreguin and Stacy Marie Gutierrez of New Braunfels.
• Donald R. Crowder and Linda Wray Frenzel of New Braunfels.
• Juan Gamez Vital and Maria Dolores Ayala of New Braunfels.
* MAV 19 ★
The Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce held e ribbon cutting af Jewelry Eccentrics Inc. April 29. Jewelry Eccentric# la located at 167-D South Seguin Avenue, phone 629-9124. Included in the picture are chamber of commerce Blue Coats, 1996 Chair Elect of the Board Skip Stratemann and owner Jason Higginbotham with Ms mother Mary. For additional information contact Jason Higginbotham.
the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of bommeree held a fit at The Tobacco Haus, 180 W. San Antonio, on Monday, April 15. Included in the picture ara chamber of commerce Blue Coats; 1996 Chair of the Board Skip Stratemann; owners of the business Usa Repka and Weston Pacharzina. For additional Information contact Repka or Pacherzina at 620-7473.
★ MAV IS *
£ DOWNTOWN: Shopping/Eating d‘ Texas Marketplace • Continuous rihierlainment • "Sounds of Texas" - ani exhibit • Gunfighling Texians bVisit with Bowie, Travis, Crockett & General Santa Anna pTexas Natural Trail Ride • Heritage
* Crafts • Dutch oven Cook-off
SATURDAY NIGHT J DOWNTOWN:
plexus Western Swing Hall of Fame Show & Street Dance Show Featuring. JI Light Crust Doughboys, legends of
* Western Swing & Former Texas ^Playboys • Free General Admission J Bring Your Lawn Chair
* DOWNTOWN: Shopping/Eating
txas Marketplace • Sounds of Texas an exhibit • Gunfighling Texians £ Heritage Crafts • Chili Cookoff >* Continuous Entertainment • Trick £ Roping Show • Visit with Bowie, fravis, Crocket dc General Santa Anna
V11 a t a TEXAS natural way to plan your weekend! For a free brochure call
1-800-/82-7653 ext. 177
The Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce recently held a ribbon cutting ceremony for Nationwide Mobile Homes, 7400 N. Interstate 35. Pictured ara c hamber of commerce Blue Coats, 1996 Chair Elect of the board Doug Miller; Vice- Preeldent/DIvision Manager Chat Kamey, and Manager Diana Stoettefe. *
The Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce attended a ribbon cutting for River Gardens Nursery, 750 Rusk, (210) 609-2800 on Thursday, March 14,1996. Included in the picture are theNchamber of commerce Blue Coats; the 1996 Chair Elect of the Board Doug Miller; the owners) of the business, Mr. and Mrs. Larry Aniol along with General Manager Chria Falsing. Mayor Paul E. Fraser Jr. was also present for the ribbon cutting. For additional Information contact Chria Fusing.
Now ifs “cool” to be oldfashioned!
First State Bank came to New Braunfels as a small, independent bank with local ownership. We promised straightforward, old-fashioned banking...and it has caught on more than we ever expected.
Now other banks want to sound just like us. But we're the true original! So bring your plans and dreams to First State Bank. Be old-fashioned. It's cool!
FIRST STATE BANK
Locally growing...in the heart of New Braunfels.
401 Mdn Plaza. New Braunfels. TX 78130 608-0233 Motor Bank Entrance off North Seguin Avenue
Member FDIC Equal Housino Lender
Proud parents & grandparents of the class of '96
Show how proud you are ofthis year’s graduates by Congratulating them with an ad on the special Herald-Zeitung 1996 Graduation Page. Congratulatory messages are being offered for just *25 for a 2x2 size:
Your Message Here (20 words or less) Student Name School Name
Mall your picture and message to:
Tho Herald-Zteitung 707 Lands St. Naw Braunfels, TX 78130 or feel free to drop them off in person.
on Page will run W< missions is Mon
Discover An Orkml Heaung Resource
Long before books on the mind and body connection topped the best seller lists, there was Science and Health with Key to (he Scriptures — written more than a century ago by a revolutionary thinker, Mary Baker Eddy. # She courageously challenged 19th century mainstream beliefs... replacing disease with health...suffering with hope. # Now, more than 8 million readers later, a new edition continues to offer healing, direction, and strength. ♦ Science and Health: Make it your resource for health and well-being.
The Deals are Better at
1996 Chrysler Cirrus
V6, A/C, Tilt, Cruise, A/Transmission, AM/FM CD, P/Windows, P/Locks, P/Mirrors Silver 10,338 Miles
1995 Dodge Avenger
2 Door,4 cyl., 5 Spd., A/C, Aluminum Wheels, P/Windows, P/Locks, Sunscreen, Cassette, Cruise, Tilt, Defroster
1995 Chrysler LBS
Program Vehicle V6, AT, A/C, PAVindows, P/Locks, Moon | Roof, Leather Trim, P/Seat, Infinity Cassette, Cruise, Tilt .Cast Aluminum Wheels, Defroster Emerald 15,200 Miles
Red 48,500 Miles
Becker Motor Company
547 S. Seguin New Braunfels. I \ 6(K»-34()3 I -NOO-<S7*>-2f»2 I
1992 Date. Dakota LE I
6 Cyl., A/TRans., A/C, Tilt, Cruise, Camper Shell,P/Windows, Bedlinen Cassette Blue/Silver 62,500 Miles
1990 Ford FI50
XLT, V8, AZC, TAC, A/Trans., Cassette, P/Windows, Dual Tanks, Long Bed Brown 77,100 Miles
Available at: CHRISTIAN SCIENCE READING ROOM
137 E. MUI St.
625-1781 $18.00 Or call
1993 Pontiac Grand Prix
4 Door, V6, A/Trans., Tilt, Cruise, P/Windows, Cassette, P/Locks
Gold 45 JOO Miles
1995 Dodge 1500 Pickup Dixie Conversion
V8., A/Trans., AIC, Tilt, Cruise, P/Windows, P/Locks, Cruise, Infinity Cassette, Leather Seats, Running Boards, P/Mirrors, Customized Paint, Aluminum Wheels, Bed Rails Red/White 3,250 Miles
1993 Ford Tempo GL
A/Trans, AZC. 4 cyl., Tilt, AM/FM, P/Mirrors
1994 Dodge Ram 2500
V8, ATTrans, P/Windows, P/Locks, A/C, Tilt, Cruise, SLT Laramie, Cassette White 31,600 Miles
1992 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Elite
6 Cyl.,4 Door, AZC, ATTrans., Tilt, P/Locks, P/Windows, Cassette, Cruise,
Cast Aluminum Wheels
199) Podgy Pynssty
4 Door, V6, A/Trans., TUI, Cruise, AZC, P/Locks, P/Windows, P/Mirrors Blue 57,800 Miles