New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - May 5, 1993, New Braunfels, Texas
WEDNESDAY, MAY 8, 1993 HERALD-ZEITUNG 7-AActivities
Wednesday, May 5
• Compania de Danza Folklor-ica practices 5-8 p.m. More information is available at Mary Paniagua at 629-5667.
• Ballet Folkloric© Infanta practices at Landa Recreation Center from 6-9 p.m. More information is available at Director Janie Gonzales at 629-1737.
• Comal Post 179, American Legion, hosts bingo, open to the public. Early bird games begin at 7 p.m., and regular bingo at 7:30 p.m.
• New Braunfels Rotary Club meets at noon at the Seniors Center of Comal County, 655 Landa St.
• New Braunfels Jaycees meet at Mr. Gatti’s at 7 p.m.
• Disabled American Veterans Chapter 163 meets at 7:30 p.m. at VFW Post 7110,600 Peace Ave.
• Comal County Interagency meeting starts at noon at the Seniors Cantar, 655 Landa. Members should take their own lunch or call Gladys Bartling at 629-1516 to reserve the catered meal.
• The next regular meeting of the Disabled American Veterans Chapter 163 will be held at 7:30 p.m. Officers will be elected and all members are urged to attend. Because the chapter does not conduct fund-raisers, members are asked to send in donations to DAV Chapter 163, P.O. Box 310303, New Braunfels, 78131.
All proceeds are used to assist veterans in need.
• The New Braunfels Retired Teachers Association will meet at Pavilion 16 in Landa Park for the last meeting of the year. the short business meeting with installation of new officers will be followed by a catered luncheon. Reservation must be made with Adelheid Krueger, 625-3559 by April 30.
• Concerned Citizens’ Coalition will hold their regular meeting at 7:30 p.m. at the Victoria Bank and Trust meeting room. Guest Speaker for the meeting will be A J. Dolle of San Antonio.
Thursday, May 6
• The SonShine Singers, the senior adult choir of the First Baptist Church, meet each Thursday morning in the Great Room of the Christian Life Center.
• New Braunfels Noon Lions Club meets at noon at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa St.
• Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 2999 sponsors bingo at 7 p.m. at the Eagles Hall, 257 E. South St.
• Comal Community Band rehearses at 7:30 p.m. in the New Braunfels Middle School band hall. Call Ken McGuire, 625-7728.
• The Downtown Rotary Club meets Thursdays at noon at Krause’s Cafe.
• New Braunfels Kiwanis Club
meets at noon at the Victoria Bank and Trust North Building, 1000 N. Walnut Ave. More information is available at 625-6945.
• New Braunfels Elks Lodge 2279 meets at the lodge, 353 S. Seguin Ave. at 8 p.m. Trustees meet at 7 p.m.
• American Legion Comal Post No. 179,410 W. Coll St., meets at 7 p.m., executive committee; 8 p.m. regular meeting; 7:30 p.m., Auxiliary.
• The Canyon High School Academic Booster Club will beet at 7 p.m. in the school library. Election of officers for the 1993-94 school year will be held. Parents of incoming freshmen are welcome to attend.
• The Comal County Habitat For Humanity will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church, 272 S. Krueger. Those interested in eliminating poverty housing in Comal County are welcome to attend. More information is available at 625-7005.
Friday, May 7
• VFW Post 7110, 600 Peace Ave., is the place for bingo at 7 p.m.
• New Braunfels Woodcarvers meet from 12:30-3 :30 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center, 655 Landa. More information is available at 629-1161.
• Knights of Columbus First Friday Dance. More information
FflmiLY OWnED flnDOPERATED
Bourbons & Blends
George Dickel #12.......25®®
Jim Beam 7 yr. 80°....... 18"
Ezra Brooks 90°......... 15™
Old Forester 86°......... 16"
Southern Comfort 80°..... 17’®
Windsor Canadian 80°.... 15" Seagram 7 Crown 80° .... 154® Canadian Mist 80°....... 13*®
Johnnie Walker Red 80°... 28"
Scoresby 80°........... 17®®
Cluny 80°.............. 14®®
Gin - Rum - Vodka
Stolichnaya 80°.......... 26®®
McCormick 80°.......... 10 9
Seagrams Gin 80°........ 15*®
Skol Gin 80°............ 10“
Malibu 48°.............. 18"
Ron Rio 80°............. 10®®
Unless noted all sizes 1.75
Jack Daniels Blk. 86°.... 15®®
Old Forester 86°....... 10®®
Benchmark 80°......... 97®
Kamchatka 80°......... 6"
7 Crown 80°............9®®
Skol Gin 80°........... 5"
Jim Beam 4 yr.......... 9®®
Jack Daniels Blk. 86°... . 12®®
Makers Mark 90°....... IO3®
Gilbey Gin 80°..........64®
Jim Beam 4 yr. 80°......7®®
Dek Pepermint 60°...... 6®°
Pope Lopez Wht. 80°... 16®® Sauza Giro 80°........ 13®®
in CMC of prim error lune puce* prey iii
Prices good thru May 10, 1993
Are You Confused ?
Chiropractic Physician f
■■■ Is Chiropractic Care
POT YOU? Has your doctor encouraged you to see a Chiropractic Physician for your aches and pains? These are the facts:
Dr. Peter Curtis, M.D., one of the highly respected leaders of the prestigious n«pnrtmflnt of Family Medicine admits that ’’the medical profession does not manage muscle and back pain patienta very well, and that documented research now shows chiropractic physicians do. Today’s medical physicians should reevaluate their relationship with chiropractic physicians and move towards cooperation and patient referral.
Dr. Curtis, M.D. stressed the fact that "chiropractic physicians are highly trained and educated, backed by an impressive amount of documented research,., and that chiropractic adjustments are highly effective, and safe!"
The accompanying editorial in the medical Journal of Family Practice reports that the majority of family medical doctors surveyed have encouraged patients to see a chiropractic physician and that many now agree that chiropractic physicians are "an excellent source of care for muscle and joint pain problems."
Is Your Doctor keeping up with the times? Ws believe in placing the welfare of patients as our top priority by showing honesty, integrity, and excellence in health care!
■■ - ...
Our PRKR examination is designed to encourage you to find out if drug free, non-surgical chiropractic care may have the lolution to your health problems.
Dr, Midiad E. Qnsllaniler, D.C.
Chiropractic Physician Board Certified
The Leader in New Btamfah for Heath Cee
Monday thru Friday Sam to 6pm
120IH-35 West, N.B. I blk. S. of Sequin St.
If YOU have a question regarding anything about health in general, a tpecifk chronic problem, or pain....
is available at the KC Hall at 625-9912 for scheduled band.
• Church Women United of Comal County will meet at 9:30 a.m. at Faith United Church of Christ Member churches will participate in the Least Coin celebration.
• Members of Hermann Sonns Albert Kypfer Lodge No. 106 will meet at 7 p.m. for a meeting and social. For the social, members are to bring a casserole
Saturday, May 8
• Comal County Sportsman Association Inc., 252 Kowald Ln. in New Braunfels, sponsors bingo at 1:30 p.m. More information is available at 629-2603 or 625-7443.
• American Legion Post 35 conducts Bingo at the Comal County Sportsman Club. Early bird is at 7 p.m. and the regular game is at 7:30 p.m. Food is available beginning at 6 p.m.
Monday, May 10
• New Braunfels Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol meets at 6:30 p.m. at the NBISD Education Center, 430 W. Mill
St. More information is available at 620-5162.
• New Braunfels Chapter of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America meets at 7:30 p.m. at First Baptist
• Knights of Columbus bingo at 7:15 p.m., Ill Landa St.
• New Braunfels Mexican-American Heritage Society meets at 7 p.m. at the Dittlinger Memorial Library meeting room.
FRATERNAL LIFE INSURANCE
for the Entire Family
Omni-Plus Universal Life and
Annuities and IRA's -Highly Competitive Interest Rates—
For more Information, phone or write to our local representative
THOMAS G. SCHAFFER District Deputy RL 4 Box 374-U Canyon Lake, TX 78133
Phone: (512)899-2731 ROYAL NEIGHBORS OF AMERICA
230-16th St.. Rock Inland, Illinois 61201-8645
_fraternal Lift Insurance Since 1895
"What eau I
less than 19#
• Home Delivery
• Headlining News
• Money saving
• Accurate, current news reporting
• Sports coverage,
local and national
• Weather forecast
• Classified Ads
(from real estate & employment to rummage sales) "Sell what you have, get what you want."
• Dear Abby -
• Local grocery and
merchant advertising -Cash in on sales & bargains
listings, movies, nightclubs, restaurants & amusements
• Crossword puzzles
• Daily horoscope
•Editorials -stimulating, state your opinion
• Weekly TV Guide,
Montage * why buy the expensive guides?
• The source for
all your local news
• Just to name a few
Get your 19# worth,
I On Ct ti Attar Hour• J
We would be honored to hear from youl
707 Landa Street