New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - March 12, 1993, New Braunfels, Texas
FRIDA* MARCH 12. IMS HERALD-ZEITUNG 8
Save hundreds of Dollars
on Close-Outs, Bankruptcies, Freight Claims and Discounted Items!
Specials March 11-14 Good Thursday-Sunday
and many more to numerous to
Twin/Full Bunk Beds “ET from
/ The largest appliance inventory in Guadalupe County / Scratch & Dent appliances that carry full factory warranties / Save SIK© on furniture A bedding •
/ No membership to join... just friendship / Many itenis^l/2 the price of "National Wholesale Club"
Largo Selection Of
OUCH!! I P^Rj^S
toe* mm I mired V 1/
big bucks Assorted Sizes ft Styles
tmm 'n** cim am
BM Iii) kit die I , Day Beds
B Q ga ES SS £31
Wheat Chex '&&&< Cereal
From Soap to Sofa’s
WE HAVE IT ALL!
211 W. Court Seguin, Texas
(NEXT TO REICHMANN)
Four newest members of the New Braunfels Elks Lodge initiated into the fraternal organization on Feb. 18 were Walter Sumner, seated left, Debert Strube, Richard R. Zuzek and David Gramlich. Standing are Exalt-; ed Ruler Arthur Barbers, left, and Exalted Ruler-elect Gene Golden. Photo by John Huseth.
Saturday, March 13
• Parents Without Partners will host a yard sale from 8 a.rn. to 4 p.m., Saturday, March 13, at 1339 Carnation in New Braunfels.
• The Ferdinand Undheimer Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas will meet at 9:30 a.m., March 13 at the Founders Oak in Landa Park.
Dolores Schumann will be the guest speaker, and her topic will be "The Landa Park Arboretum." The business meeting will follow at Victoria Bank and Trust meeting room, 1000 North Walnut Ave.
In case of bad weather, the program will also be at Victoria Bank and Trust Building.
Jeanette Felger may be contacted for more information at 629-3272.
• The Greater San Antonio Quilt Guild will meet at IO a.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church.
Guest speaker will be Dot Collins, who will present "Plaids and Stripes.” More information is available at 533-4001.
Sunday, March 14
• The March of Dimes Walk
Chromcraf 15 Nim UMI*
Black finish dinette features 43H octagonal glass top table with beveled edge. Includes four arm chairs with tilt/swivel and casters.
rCM c ot
HCM. Ft/ftKs' Refrigerator
Features adjustable steel shelves, see-thru crispers, power saving control, no-fingerprint textured steel doors. Freezer section is a spacious 4.38 cu. ft.
Reg $619.99 75 214-0/4 " -- MA
Full-body chaise support.
and baline* is pad in Mi on or More 12 months horn date of purchase apply to prevue purchases ON* is good Iron March 2,1993 lo March 31,1983.
in dock with 0% interest tor 12 months Al interest chara* wS be deducted on any length contract if confract is paid as agreed-A minimum purchase oi $690 and a minimum down paymera of $75 are required Ow does no!
Lack's of New Braunfels 971W. San Antonio 625-7324
America for healthier babies will be held at Landa Park starting at 8:30 a.m. rain or shine. Fundraising packets for participants are available. Call 625-9501 or 620-5548.
Monday, March 15
•The New Braunfels Republican Women will meet at noon March 15 at Molly Joe's Restaurant The guest speaker will be County Judge Carter Casteel. The topic will be “Where Comal County is going in 1993.”
• Parents Without Partners Newcomers Discussion will be held at 7 p.m., Monday, March 15, at Space #13 Hubertus Road at Corridor Oaks. More information is available at 625-9927.
.•The Optimist Club of New Braunfels will meet Monday, March 15, at 6:30 p.m. at Finkel's Salad Bar and Grill. The speaker will be Katie Gordon of Hospice New Braunfels.
• The Red Cross Volunteers meeting will be held at 3:30 p.m. at the McKenna Hospital classroom. Election of officers will be held.
• Baby and Me support group for stay at home mothers and their toddlers will meet from ll a.m. to noon for children under 2, and from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. for 2- and 3-year olds. Cost is a $1 donation.
Tuesday, March 16
• The American Association of Retired Persons will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Senior Citizen’s Center at 655 Landa St. Refreshments will be served at 9 a.m. Members with birthdays this month are asked to supply two dozen cookies or the equivalent A potluck dinner is scheduled for the meeting. Meat will be supplied.
• The Canyon Lake Extension Homemakers Club will meet at 9:30 a.m. at the Fischer Store Community Center located on the northeast comer of State Highways 32 and 484. A craft class will be held immediately after the meeting on “Gang Problems.” The meeting is open to the public. More information is available at 899-3713 or 935-2205.
• The Fraternal Order of Eagles Auxiliary 2999 by-laws committee will have the first reading of by-law changes and their recommendations on March 16. All members are urged to attend.
• The Fraternal Order of Eagles Auxiliary 2999 will hold their social meeting at 7:30 p.m. Officers will meet at 7 p.m. Refreshments will be served at the meeting.
Spring dressing for just $54
Priced quite affordable the menswear look goes to work for you this spring. Our black-and-white check coatdress is a great career look detailed with tucks and pearlized buttons. Misses’ sizes 10-20 In polyester/rayon. Just one from a collection of the season’s best styles in our Misses’ Dress Department.
M SEY at
Opan Monday-Salurdoy, 10 am la • p.m.; Sunday, 1 p m. lo I pm