New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - March 10, 1996, New Braunfels, Texas
Herald-Zeitung □ Sunday, March 10, 1996 □ 9 A
Only A $4.95 Session Fee
ringspecial use permit to property in I VMS Mock of Highway 81 E. to low an office building in an “R-2 ngle and Two Family Dist • Second reading of an ordinance
BEST REST FOR LESS
#' rn m
Many Other Posturepedic Sets Also On Sale
Scaly Posture p eel ic
Some Models Closeout/ Quantities Limited
14 30 Hwy 81 West • New Braunfels, TX
Marlowe Cushion Firm
Hanover* Cushion Firm or Plush
Queen Set Twin Set Reg. $399...$319
Full Set Reg. $519 $429
King Set Reg$849 $699City Council Agenda
City Council Workshop Meeting 6:30 p.m. Monday, March 11 New Braunfels Municipal Building
• workshop with members of the Comal County Veterinary Association regarding contract for animal control services
Regular City Council Meeting
7:30 p.m. Monday, March 11 New Braunfels Municipal Building Proclamations
• New Braunfels Sesquicentennial Close
• Texas Adopt-A-Beach Program Presentation
• from representative of the Alamo Area Council of Governments (AACOG) regarding rural public transportation
Utility System Revenue Bonds Consider all matters relating to the issuance and sale of “City of New Braunfels, Texas Utility System Revenue and Refunding Bonds, Series 1996,” dated March 1,1996, including the adoption of:
• An ordinance authorizing the issuance of the bonds and authorizing the writing of a paying agent/registrar agreement, a purchase contract and a deposit agreement
• Resolution providing for the city to redeem certain outstanding bonds
• consider designating the Karbach Haus, 487 W. San Antonio, as a historic landmark
Citizens’ Communications Consent Agenda
The city council considers consent agenda items routine and non-contro-versial and they will be approved in one motion — unless a council member or citizens wishes an item to be pulled from the consent agenda and considered individually.
• Resignation of Penny Rhoads from the City of New Braunfels Arts Commission
• Third and final reading of an ordinance amendment rezoning about 2.5 acres of land from a 13.48 acre tract on Highway 46 E. about 350 feet west of Saucier Drive from “C-3 Commercial Dist.” to B*-l-A Conventional and Mobile Home Dist.”
• Second reading of an ordinance giving special use permit to the property at 185 Ferguson Ave. to allow a bed and breakfast in a single family residence within an “R-2 Single Family and Two Family Dist.”
• Second reading of an ordinance
• Second reading of an amendment to approve installing “No Left Turn” signs at the intersection of
Don’t miss another issue. Subscribe today!
S. Seguin Avenue and Nacogdoches Street.
• Second reading of an ordinance amendment to designate a specific passenger loading zone on E. San Antonio Street
• Contractors’ licenses
• Approval of tax assessor/collector report for Feb. 1996
• Two members to the City of New Braunfels Heritage Commission for terms ending March ll, 1999
• Second reading of an ordinance amendment rezoning about .85 acre of land out of a 2.89 acre tract on the north side of Becker Street about 170 feet east of Schmidt Avenue from “C-3 Commercia) Dist.” to “ZH-A Zero Lot Line Dist.”
• First reading of an ordinance designating the Karbach Haus at 487 W. San Antonio Street as a historic landmark
• First reading of an ordinance repealing and ordinance establishing the speed limit on Comal Avenue between East Garden and Guada Coma Drive West
• First reading of an ordinance amendment to designate a specific no parking zone on S. Seguin Avenue
• Approving a lease agreement with the Missouri Pacific Railroad Co. for property adjacent to W. San Antonio Street
• Lease agreement between the City of New Braunfels and the New Braunfels Historic Railroad and Modelers Society Inc. for property adjacent to W. San Antonio Street.
Discussion and Action
• Request for a permit to construct a
wood boat dock lift on the Guadalupe River at 921 River Bank • Request for approval of matters relating to Youth ArtBeat ‘96 to be held Saturday March 30, 1006
• Request from St. Paul Lutheran Church for closing part of Santa Clara Avenue Sunday, March 24, 1996
• Authorizing expenditures for July 4, 1996, fireworks display
'• Designating Saturday, April 20, 1996, as New Braunfels Cleanup Day • Regarding report of the Comal River Study Committee
• For purchase of fuel for City of New Braunfels vehicles
VOTE FOR ^
Thomas E. (Tom)
REPUBLICAN THE ONLY FULL-TIME COMMISSIONER CANDIDATE
GUADALUPE COUNTY PCT.3
COMMITTED TO A BETTER COMMUNITY I Support and Contribute To:
• Marion F.F.A.
• Navarro F.F.A.
• Samuel Clemens F.F.A.
• Marion V.F.D.
• Schertz V.F.D.
• Cibolo V.F.D.
• Northcliff V.F.D.
• Geronimo V.F.D.
• Lake Dunlap V.F.D.
• York Creek V.F.D.
• Friends of Lake McQueeney
LET’S PLAN OUR FUTURE TOGETHER
Member - Guadalupe County Farm Bureau
Member • Seguin-Guadalupe County Chamber of Commerce
Paid lor with funds to Elect Thomas E Young County Comm Kathryn L.Young, Treasurer
WHAT SETS STEPHANIE BURRIS APART IN THE RACE FOR COUNTY ATTORNEY?
Republican ft Conservative ft Assistant County Attorney
Bd Sure! You approve poses, sizes & backgrounds
All Your Favorite Sizes:
1-10x13 • 3 8xt0s • 5-5x7s 6 3!4x5s • 25 Wallets • 64 Keepsakes
No derat For Addhiood Subjects. Only o $4 95 sewon lee pet adversed speed peyote portion me taker Ho lent on the number ol ofcettised cohdnm pet lanky, out only one advertised ai*ton pet sublet?, pita* Iou approve backgrounds and approve each pose as O s taken AdOtond poses taken tor optional pattrart collection ruth no obkgoton to purchase Portrait sues apptounote
THIS AREA KMART HAS A PERMANENT STUDIO OPEN 5 DAYS Wed.-Sat. 10AM - 7PM.
On Sunday 10AM (or store opening if later) - 6PM (or store closing if earlier)
COLOR QUALITY GUARANTEE
ICeWr gtMfMteed It lost • IMeliat.
The Deals are Better at
1991 Chew Blazer
4 Door, 6 Cyl., A/Trans, AZC. Tilt, Cruise, P/Window, P/Locks, Cassette, Red 27,000 Miles
1993 Dodge Grand Caravan LE
V6, Dual AJC, P/Windows.| P/Locks, Quad, Tilt, Cruise, A/Transmission Emerald 55,150 miles
Becker Motor Company
547 S. Seguin Next Braunfels, Tx 6(16-3463 1-800-879-2621
Stephanie Burris has been handling all kinds of cases in this office for over five years. She has done an outstanding job as our Assistant County Attorney.
And she is running a door-to-door, shoe-leather campaign.
★ Assistant County Attorney of Comal County, Texas, since 1990.
★ Has prosecuted all types of misdemeanor cases, all JP traffic and other Class "C" misdemeanors.
★ Prosecutes family violence protective orders for victims of family violence.
★ Prosecutes cases for Child Protective Services, removing abused and neglected children from their homes until it is safe to return.
it Trains advocates for Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) who accompany battered and neglected children to court.
★ Assists in the defense of the County when a civil lawsuit is filed against the County.
★ Provides training for Comal County Sheriff's Office and Comal County Women's Center, regarding legislative changes.
it B A. Degree from University of Texas at Austin.
★ Law degree from St. Mary's University School of Law, San Antonio.
|9(t» ChryskrJUbnron Convertible 1994 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT
4 Cyl., Turbo, 2 Door, A/Trans., AZC,
Tilt, Cruise, Cassette, PZWindows,
Blue 89,750 Miles
V8, AZTrans., AZC, Tilt. P/Wmdows, PZLocks, Cruise, P/Seat, Cassette Blue 50,600 Miles
1991 Dodge KAM D2SP
1991 Dodge Conversion Van
V6, AZTransmission, Tilt, Cruise, Luggage Rack, Dual AZC, Cassette, Running Boards,
White SS,200 miles
1994 Dodge Shadow
Diesel, 5 Speed, AZC, Stereo Radio Silver 67,900 miles
1991 Dodge Shadow KS Convertible
or, 4 Cyl, A/TransVAZC, P/Windows, PZLocks, Till, Cn
yT, AZTrans, AZC, P/Windows, P/Locks, Tilt, Cruise, White Aluminum Wheels, Cassette
White 43,000 Miles
4 Cyl., AZTrans., 2 Door, AZC, Defroster, Stereo
Emerald 18,250 miles1994 Plymouth Acclaim
4 Cyl, 4 Door, AZC, AZTransmmission, Tilt, P/Locks, Cassette, Cruise,, Driftwood 43,350 miles199} Chrysler New Yorker Landau
Leather Intenor, A. Transmission, AZC, Tilt, Cruise. Cassette, P/Windows, PZLocks.
Lots of Extras
White 75,400 miles
1992 Dodge Mark lit Conversion Nan
V6, AZC, A/Transmission, PZWindows, PZLocks, Cassette, Tilt, Cruise While 42,500 miles
Here is what people have to say about Stephanie:
“In my opinion Stephanie Burris is clearly a qualified candidate for the position of County Attorney Her knowledge, experience, temperament and a keen sense of responsibility to the citizens of this County make Stephanie uniquely qualified to become the Republican candidate for Comal County Attorney. Her election will bring about a new refreshing atmosphere to the court house I hope you will join me in supporting her" - Merritt J. Schumann, CIU, New Braunfels
"Stephanie Burris is willing to go that extra mile or take the extra time needed to assist people She cares about the needs of our community's citizens. She'll do whatever it takes to do the job right as Comal County Attorney " - Rita Kaufman, New Braunfels
"I have had countless opportunities to see Stephanie handle the County's business in every court, including, Justice of the Peace, County Court at Law and District Court. In a number of cases, Stephanie has been prosecuting my client, or in several we have had the opportunity to work together on matters involving family violence In every instance Stephanie has represented the County well, been an excellent professional and always been exceptionally ethical I believe she is well qualified to be the Comal County Attorney, especially since she has been in the office for over five years, and knows exactly what's involved." - Charles A. Stephens, ll, Canyon Lake
"Dear Fellow Voters of Comal County: Don't miss the opportunity to vote for a candidate who is concerned about issues relevant to our community. Stephanie has represented our county with great leadership as Assistant County Attorney. She has proven in the courtroom to be tough on crime and is devoted to the protection of our families and growing community. Our votes are important, so please vote for Stephanie Smith Burris for Republican County Attorney James A Mary Jane Jahnsen, Bulverde
"Stephanie Burris is a very capable, energetic attorney who has five years experience as Assistant County Attorney. She knows the job and will do it well." - Dona Bruns, New Braunfels
REPUBLICANStephanie Burns1 * TOUGH & PROVEN *
Pd. Pol. Adv., Dona Bruns, Treat , 422 Saddle Tree, New Braunfels, TX 78130