New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - June 24, 1993, New Braunfels, Texas
Thursday, June 24,1993 ■ Hera&Zeitung ■ 5New Braunfels* Annual ^ Summer Art Show if*
i Tfit shopping Shout you't/e been u/altln, (tr!Viand Crafted, Unique St \Quality Gifts for
V For your repair needs visit our new Motorola warranty ^service center. _
• New Braunfels Elks Lodge 2279 meets at the lodge at 353 S. Seguin Ave. at 8 p.m. PER Association meets at 7 p.m. Elks Ladies Klub meets at 8
• The Comal County Child Advocacy Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the New Braunfels St. Paul Lutheran Church.
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, located at 138 W. Austin St., has bingo every Thursday night. Early bird bingo begins at 7:15 p.m. and regular bingo begins at 7:30 p.m.
• New Braunfels Noon Lions Club meets at noon at the Seniors Center, 655 Lands St. i
• Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 2999 sponsors bingo at 7 p.m. at the Eagles Hall, 257 E. South St.
• Comal Community Band rehearses at 7:30 p.m. in the New Braunfels Middle School band hall. Call Ken McGuire, 625-7728.
• The Downtown Rotary Club meets Thursdays at noon at Krause’s Cafe.
• New Braunfels Kiwanis Club meets at noon at the Victoria Bank and Trust North Building, 1000 N. Walnut Ave. More information is available at 625-6945.
• The SonShine Singers, the senior adult choir of the First Baptist Church, meet each Thursday morning in the Great Room of the Christian Life Center.
• The New Braunfels Multiple Scleroses Support Group will meet at noon in Finkei’s Restaurant.
• The Comal County Caring for Children Committee will be held at 7 30 a rn. at Krause’s Cafe on Thursday, June 24. Anyone interested in this program is welcome to attend.
• VFW Post 71 IO, 600 Peace Ave., is die place for bingo at 7 p.m.
• New Braunfels Woodcarvers meet from 12:30-3 :30 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center, 655 Landa St. More information is available at 629-1161.
• New Braunfels Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol meets at 6:30 p m at the NBISD Education Center, 430 W. Mill St. More information is available at 620-5162.
• New Braunfels Chapter of the Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America meets at 7:30 p.m. at First Baptist Church.
• Knights of Columbus bingo at 7:15 pm, 111 Landa St.
• The New Braunfels Newcomers Club will meet Tuesday, July 6, at IO a m. at the Senior Citizens Center. Coffee and conversation will begin at 9:30 a rn. The guest speaker will be from the New Braunfels General Store and will familiarize members with companies that make accessories for water theme parks, including the Schlitter-bahn.
• Bingo begins at 7 p.m. at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa St. The public is invited.
• New Braunfels Evening Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at Molly Joe’s Restaurant.
• New Braunfels Toastmasters Club meets at 7 p.m. at 2405 Interstate 35 West. More information is available at 629-6343 or 625-6680. .
• Skat players are invited for an afternoon of fun from 12:45-5 p.m. at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa St.
• The A.C.O.A. meets 7-8 p.m. at 780 Marguerite St., next to St. John’s Episcopal Church.
• The Book Review Club will meet for coffee at 9:30 a.m., and atlO a.m. for the review at the Senior Citizens Center, Thursday, June 24.
• New Braunfels Evening Lions meet at 6 p.m. Call Rodney Wells at 625-6291 or 625-2947 for location.
• Compania de Danza Folklorica
practices 5-8 pin. More information I is available at Mary Paniagua at 629-5667.
• Ballet Folklorico Infanta practices at Landa Recreation Center from 6-9 p.m. More information is available at Director Janie Gonzales at 629-1737.
• Comal Post 179, American Legion, hosts bingo, open to the public. Early bird games begin at 7 p.m., and regular bingo at 7:30 p.m.
• New Braunfels Rotary Club meets at noon at the Seniors Center of Comal County, 655 Landa St.
• Medical Team Home Health is sponsoring a Bereavement Support Group that meets at IO a.m. the third Wednesday of each month at the Senior Citizen’s Center.
WEAR YOUR LIFE JACKET
NATIONAL SAFI tOATINQ COUNCI INC./US COAST OUANO
S We specialize in genuine C* JHI E ■
3 GOLD-COINIEWELRY AUK#
I Rings, pendants, bracelets & earrings
^ 358 Landa r 629.2781
Only Nationwide gives service with Care!
Nationwide^ Client Account Review is designed to help you identify the protection needs for your family, home, car, boat, and other possessions. And based on those findings, we can recommend the right solutions to make everything secure for you. Call today for complete details about this exclusive Nationwide service.
Dave Howell K-Mart Plaza 1050 IH 35 East, Suite 500 New Braunfels, 620-4224
Nationwide is on your side
NaOonwida Mull 1*1 InMwanca Unripely and Ansated Compwwaa Homa Offica Ona Nalwnanda Plaza Commtou* OH 4.016
expanding to serve
To thank you for helping us grow:
No Activation FeeMotorola MC750epee
I IM mmm warnNo Activation Fee
* Activate on standard or off peak advantage plan. Activated by Kraft Mobiletel on Cellular One.
Some restrictions apply.Hurry! Offer ends June 30th. 629-7466 679 S. Seguin St.
(across from the Post Office)