New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - July 18, 1991, New Braunfels, Texas
Girl Scouts set fashion project
New Braunfels Girl Scouts are teaming up with a number of New Braunfels businesses to offer a special presentation for girls ages 12 to 16.
Girls need not be a member of Girl Scouts in order to take part in this four-pan seminar featuring local specialists in fashion, jewelry, hair styles, cosmetics and fitness. There is no registration fee.
The presentation will begin with registration and a general assembly Monday, July 22 at 6:30 p.m. at the New Braunfels Girl Scout House, 345 Howard St. at Fredericksburg. Session ll will be at 9 a.m. Tuesday, July 23 and will cover hair styles and
The remaining two sessions will be on consecutive Wednesdays, July 31 and Aug. 8 at the Girl Scout House and will feature fashion jewelry the girls can make themselves, planning outfits from basic wardrobes and the use of accessories and how health, diet and exercise affect each girl’s personal fashion expression.
There is a small supply fee for the session on jewelry making. Also, for the hair style and cosmetics session, girls will need to supply their own cosmetics.
For more information call Steve Oppcrman, project director, at 629-1951.
Friday, July 19
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at noon, 8 and 10:30 p.m. at 1142 Eikel. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
• National Association of Retired Federal Employees Chapter 666 will meet at 9:30 a m. at the Senior Citizens Center. The program on “Self-defense against Crime” will be given by the Citizens Against Crime,
• New Braunfels Woodcarvers meet from 12:30 lo 3:30 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center, 142 Comal. Call 629-1161.
• AF Anon meets at 1142 Eikel at 7 p m. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
• New Braunfels Codependents Anonymous meets at 8 pm. at 894 Loop 337 North, Suite D. Call 625-2125 or 620-7511.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 pm. at 361 W. San Antonio St. on the second floor. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
Saturday, July 20
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at noon and 8 pm. at 1142 Eikel. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
• New Braudels Area Quilt Guild
• will meet at 9:30 a m. at the New Braunfels Christian Church, Loop
;337. Call 620-1111 or 625^108.
• Parenting program. Parent's Post-Jive Prac tical Approach to Children begins at 10:30 a rn. at Teen Connec-
‘,tion, 1414 W. San Antonio St. The ‘ program is open to couples, single parents, churches and other organizations. Call 629-4571.
• Comal County Satellite Support Group — dedicated to human growth
• meets at I 30 pjn. at the Garza Sucet 'classroom, across the street from
McKenna Memorial Hospital's main entrance.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p rn at 361 W. San Antonio St. on the second floor. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
Sunday, July 21
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 11
a.m. and 8 p.m. at 1142 Eikel. Women’s group meets at 4 p.m. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
• Retired Eagles Activities Club will meet at Eagles Hall from 2-6 p.m. Members bring sandwiches and those that have a birthday or anniversary should bnng cake or cookies for the afternoon.
• Spring Branch Herman Sons Lodge 127 will meet at the lodge hall at 2:30 p.m. Bring ice cream or dessert.
• New Braunfels Elks Lodge *2279 sponsors a dance at the lodge at 353 S. Seguin Ave. from 6-10 p.m.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p m. at 361 W. San Antonio St. on the second floor. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
Monday, July 22
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at noon and 8 p.m. at 1142 Eikel. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
• New Braunfels Codependents Anonymous meets at noon at 894 Loop 337 North. Suite D. Call 625-2125 or 620-7511.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at 8 p.m. at 361 W. San Antonio St. on the second floor. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
Tuesday, July 23
• Alcoholics Anonymous meets at noon and 8 p m. at 1142 Eikel. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057.
• Charter Real Outreach Service’s After-Care Group meets at 6:30 p m. at 707 N. Walnut Ave. Call 629-6239
• New Braunfels Toastmasters Club meets at 7 p.m. at 2405 Interstate West Call 629-6343 or 625-6680.
• Adult Children cif Alcoholics will meet at 8 pm at 1142 Eikel. Call 620-4354 or 629-0057
ELSIE S TOURS
Sept IO — CotAlry Mina U SA /faTaii Oil 19 — bunkie Houtt Mow 23 — Uiedo Spued
839 A IH 35 West New Braunfels
If your current pager company is discontinuing your New Braunfels pager number
If you need reliable, professional pager service with New Braunfels, Seguin, or San Antonio pager numbers*
Call John Payne 629-4457
and ask about a FREE month's pager rental
Gaynes Productions-Providing Professional Paging & Answering Service to Comal & Guadalupe Counties.
Herald-Ze/fung, New Braunfels. Texas
Thursday, July 18. 1991
Golden Geese donors of the American Cancer Society 1991 Duck Race, held this year at Schlitterbahn, T©OChinQ th© Ort
are from left, Dr. Henri Boodee; Tom Blunter of the firm of Reagan, Burrus, Dierksen, Lamon and Blunter; ^
sloe Wort of the Noon Lions; Marshall Schaake of the Breakfast Lions; Dr. Douglas Bahr and Johnny Johnson of the Downtown Rotary Club. Not pictured are Carol Gravis of Citizens Bank, Dr. Dorothy Overman,
Dr. Fernando Bazan, Dr. Warren Albrecht, Dr. Loddie Roeder and representatives of Schlitterbahn, Texas Commerce Bank, Oasis Outdoor Advertising and Transport Life. (Photo by Karla Wenzel)
Jane Felts Mauldin painted a San Antonio Riverwalk scene in watercolor at the July 16 meeting of the New Bratnfels Art League. She also discussed the evolution of the influences that have affected her painting career. Her paintings may be seen at J.R. Mooney Galleries and locally at Padesh Artworks and The Frame Shop. (Photo by Karla Wenzel)
HY.O. RANCH HILTON IC
REGISTER to win exciting
weekend getaway. The winning couple will be treated to two nights at the romantic YO. Ranch Hilton in Kerrville. This prize includes a deluxe guest room with king size bed. On arrival, the winners will receive a bottle of iced champagne, chocolate dipped strawberries and a red rose. They’ll also enjoy a candlelight dinner for two in the elegant Sam Houston dining room. Plus breakfast in bed. To be eligible, couples must be registered at Dillard's BRIDE I.D.E.A.S. registry and complete an entry blank bv Saturday, July 20.
Dillard’s Windsor Park Home Store mall entrance at 1:00 for Beautiful Beginnings. Trousseau and honeymoon fashions from Dillard s. Wedding fashions from Bride ’n Formal and Als Formal Wear.
Flowers by Amies Flowers & Gifts. Try your luck at our diallenging Pillow Hugging Contest.
After tire show, join us for a recept ton and meet Hie bridal experts:
Bride ’n Formal, Al s Formal Wear. Amies Flowers and Gifts, Pictographic Elegance. Scratch Baking Bakery and Deli, Musk-by Small World, Signature Ice Sculptures, Calligraphy' by Nancy S. Chalana, Dillard s Fine Jewelry, Paris Limousines, Bridal Gown Preservation Service-Worthington Cleaners, Los folio* Catering, Yellow Rose Carriage Ca. Dillard s Travel and Bailoonatiks.
Meet Hie china, crystal, silver and lcme experts from Nikko, Reed & Barton. Royal Dilution, Wedgwood. Gorham, Lenox. Dior. Krups, Cuisinart, Row enta, Osier, Kite lien Aid, Chantal and oilier makers
Register at “Your Couple Sliower table to win nearly $2,000.00 in prizes, bus well have a spec ut I prize table for tire grin im
li*t Dillard s lielp you with our BRIDE ED E Aik Computerized Bridal Registry. Our consultant will assist you iii your gift selections from china to linens to intimate apparel There will be a special presentation by Lyn Ki>rte, Dillard’s Texas louisiana Division Bridal Director
Entertaining with style Pips on selecting dinnerware and crystal by Robin Slivka of Roy ti I Joultuu
CHINA ‘J, J I AREA ii.JI/ Miss Dior
Trousseau. Shan Mi Bevier, National Bridal Consultant, will sIkiw you Or newest in sleepwear and assist with special orders
Creating a beautiful bedroom Judy iVterson of Eileen West will sltare tips on decorating your bedroom.
Exciting events for the bride, groom, attendants, family and friends. Saturday, July 20, Dillard’s Windsor Park Home Store, 1:00-4:00
Join us throughout Ole store for miniseminars presented by Hie experts. Seminars will belield at 2:00, 2:30 and 3:00 with prize registration limited to those emending tile seminars.
Dillard’s and BRIDE’S Magazine present