New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - July 8, 1993, New Braunfels, Texas
2 ■ Herald-Zeitung rn Thursday. July 8,1993
Today — Partly cloudy with a chance of isolated afternoon showers. Highs in the 90s, lows inthe 70s.
Friday — Partly dowdy and breezy, clearing in the afternoon. Highs in the 90s, lows in the 70s.
Saturday — Partly cloudy with chance of showers. Highs in the 90s, lows in the 70s.
Sunday — Partly cloudy. Highs in the 90s, lows in 70s, with a chance of afternoon showers.Water Watch
Comal River....................................................................456 cfs (same)
Edwards Aquifer..............................................................629.15 (dn .05)
Canyon Lake Inflow......................................................................196 cfs
Canyon Lake outflow...................................................................218 cfs
Lake level..................................................................................906.93 ft
Information for Water Wateh It provided dally by offlolsle with New •raunfele Utilities and the U.S. Army Corps of engineers.StammtischConcerts in the Park
The 1993 Concerts in the Park aeries of free out door concerts continues tonight it the band shell in Lands Park featuring Texan*.
Texan! will be performing their unique Tqjano music beginning at 7:30 p.m. The public is invited to come out and eqjoy the concert presented by the New Braunfels Parks and Recreation Department, Oaynes Productions in assedation with Miller Genuine Draft, Bug-a-Meister, KGNB/KNBT and the New Brawlis Herald-Zeitung.
As a reminder, no glass containers are allowed in the park.
Classes in Basic Metaphysics
Spiritual steps in taking charge of your life. This is a four-week course that promises to enrich your life and give you a greater understanding of what metaphysics is all about. Sally Barber, D.D. will be conducting these classes at the Unity Church located at 222 W. San Antonio in San Marcos, on Tuesday, July 13 at 7 pm The July 13 class is entitled Five Aspects of Prosperity Consciousness. For more information call Sally Barber at 620-6483.Real Estate Classes
The New Braunfbla/ Canyon Lake Association of Rcaltorv has scheduled 15 hours of Real Estate Mandatory Continuing Education of July 15 and 16. For information or registration call Sandi at 625- or Faith at (210) 593-1200.Woman In Business
Canyon Lake Women in Buaineas
will hold its next meeting 11:30 to I p.m. July 8 at the Woodlands Country Club in Canyon Lake. Guest speaker
will be Ken Stewart of the Small Business Administration. Guests are welcome. Please contact Pam Welch for reservations at 899-3458.Comal ISD Defensive Driving
CISD’s Community Education Defensive Driving class, taught by Charlie Rose, is scheduled for 6 p.m. to IO p.m. on July 13 and 15 in the board room of the CISD Administration Building. Call 625-8576 or 625-8081 to enroll.New Braunfels ISD Defensive Driving
New Braunfbla ISD’i Community Education Program will offer a defensive driving data on Saturday, July IO, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; and on Tuesday and Thunday, July 6 and 8, at the Education Center located at 430 Weft Mill, taught by Bill Hightower. Please call the Education Center at 620-6200 or Mr. Hightower at 625-8110.Vacation Bible School
First United Methodist Church, located at 572 W. San Antonio, will have its Vacation Bible School from 9 a.m. to noon on July 12 through July 16. There is no charge for the class, but donations will be appreciated. Registration is at Wesley Hall. For more information call Betty at 625-4513.Summer Reading Program
What do a beekeeper, a wildlife expert, itorytdler and a guide dog muter have in common? They’ll be appearing at the Dittlinger Memorial Library’a Summer Reading Program which continues on Thundayi tor elementary children, through July 22. For more information, call the library at 608-2150 Monday through Thunday ftom IO a.m. to 9 p.m., Friday ftom IO a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday ftom IO a.m. to 5 p.m.Blood Drlva
Pint Protestant Church is sponsoring a blood drive on Sunday, July 25 1993. The South Texii Regional Blood Bank will be accepting donors
from 8:30 a.m. until noon at the Seele Parish House located on Coll St. Appointments may be scheduled by calling the church office at 625-69S1.Symphony Guild
The New Braunfels Chapter of the Mid-Texas Symphony Guild and support Maestro Akira Endo and the symphony in their 1993-94 “Enchanting Season.” Memberships are available in two categories — $15 tor active and $25 for associate. For more inftxma-tlon call 625-0221 or 625-6411.Now Braunfels Parks
The Parka and Recreation Department will be offering canoeing cornea this summer. Sealion II rum July 31 and August I. Pre-regimtion ii required and will be taken at the parka office. For more infbrmttion call 629-PARK.Activities
Hill Country Lint Dancers
Love to dance but don’t get the chance? Become a member of the Hill Country Line Dancers. Meetings are Fridays at 9:30 a.m. st the Senior Citizens’ Center. Classes are intruded by Miriam Weiss. For more information, call 625-6618 or 629-2971.
• New Braunfels Elks Lodge 2279 meets at the lodge at 353 S. Seguin Ave. at 8 p.m. PER Association meets at 7 p.m. Elks Ladies Klub meets at 8 p.m.
• Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church, located at 13k W Antrin St, has bingo every Thunday night. Ear ly bird bingo begins at 7:15 p.m. and tegular bingo begins at 7:30 p m,
• Women’s Aglow Fellowship meets at the Tree Tops Restaurant on
July I at 9:30 a,rn, Lunch follows at 12:30 p,rn, For mote Information call 6294672,
• New Braunfels Noon Lions Club meets it noon st the Seniors Center, 655 Lands St.
• Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie 2999 sponsors bingo at 7 p.m. it the Eagles Hall, 257 E. South St.
• Comal Community Band rehearses at 7:30 p.m. in the New Braunfels Middle School band hall. Call Ken McGuire, 625-7728.
• The Downtown Rotary Club meets Thursdays at noon at Krause’s Cafe.
• New Braunfels Kiwanis Club meets at noon at the Victoria Bank and Trust North Building, 1000 N. Walnut Ave. More information is available at 625-6945.
• The SonShhe Singers, the senior adult choir of the First Baptist Church, meet each Thu.sday morning in the Great Room of the Christian Life Center.
• The New Braunfels Multiple Scleroses Support Group will meet at noon in Finkel’s Restaurant.
adon Inc., 252 Kowald Ln. in New Braunfels, sponsors bingo at 1:30 p.m. More information is available at 629-2603 or 625-7443.
• American Legion Post 35 conducts Bingo at the Comal County Sportsman Club, Early bird is at 7 p m, and the regular game in at 7:30 p m. Ftxxi is available beginning at 6 p m,
• New Braunfels Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol meet* at 6:30 p m at the NB1SD Education Center, 430 W. Mill St, More Inform matron la available at 620=5162,
• New Braunfels Chapter of the Society for the Proaervatlon ami Bncour* agamont of Barbershop Quartet Singing in America meets it 7:30 p.m, at First Baptist Church.
• Knights of Columbus bingo at 7:15 p.m., 111 Landa St.
• Local physicians sponsor a free nutrition lecture from 5:30-6:30 p.m. in the first floor conference room at McKenna Memorial Hospital. More information is available at 625-9111 ext. 134.
• New Braunfels Fire Department Auxiliary meets at 7 p.m. at Station No. 5.
• Order of the Eastern Star meets at 7:30 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge on San Antonio Street. More information is available at 625-3675.
• Dance sponsored by the Plus Squares dance group at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa, runs from 8-10 p.m. More information is available at 6204543.
• The Clm of 1942 will have its Tuesday monthly gathering on Friday, July 9, at 6 p.m. at Lake Dunlap next to A. C.
Picnic Ground*. Bring t covered dish, the meat will be provided. For more information call 625-3028,625-1371, or 420-2462.
• VFW Post 7110,600 Peace Ave., ll the place ft>r bingo at 7 p.m.
• New Braunfels Woodcarver* meet ftom 12:30 p.m. to 3 :30 p m. at the Senior Citizens Center, 655 Landa St.
More information ii available at 629-1161.
• Comal County Sportsman Assod-
New Braunfels Newcomen Club meet* at the new Senior Citizens Cen-
★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ ★ *
Full Air *
Bar Conditioned *
" FrL Sat A Sun.
* All U Can Eat *
★ Seafood ★
at Rockin' R July IO
Shrimp. & Fish
Family Size Onion Rings $4.95
I .ive Entertainment
Hun Dnii Mi < oy Soiu)wrttef* bal leaden OComci Wucn ‘•.it. Humble Bios hi. IU'vin.ii 11, os UdrJ
381 Landa 629-3311
TIS THE SEASON
YEAR ROUND CHRISTMAS VILLAGE
A UNIQUE STORE OF HOLIDAY IMAGES AND EXCITING COLLECTABLES
COME EXPERIENCE THIS WORLD OF TIMELESS TRADITIONS IN HISTORIC DOWNTOWN NEW BRAUNFELS OPEN QALy MO Un. to 6£0 PJK. 268 WEST SAN ANTONK3 ST.
ter, 655 Landa St. at 9:30 a.m.
• Fraternal Order of Eagles will meet at 7:30 p.m., with an officers meeting at 7 p.m. at the Eagles Hall on South Street.
• Comal County Child Advocacy’* monthly Advocate meeting ii scheduled ftyr 7:30 p.m. at the New Braunfels St. Paul Lutheran Church, For more information call 620-5536,
• The monthly meeting of the George A, Garcia VFW Memorial Poet No, 11050 la scheduled for July 20 at 7:30 p m af the American Legion Comal Pout No, 179 located at 410 W, Coll Street.
• Bingo begin* at 7 p.m. at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa St, The public la invited.
• New Braunfel* Evening Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at Molly Joe’s Restaurant.
• New Braunfels Toastmasters Club meets at 7 p.m. at 2405 Interstate 35 West. More information is available at 629-6343 or 625-6680.
• Skat players arc invited for an afternoon of fun from 12:45-5 p.m. at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa St.
• The A.C.O.A. meets 7-8 p.m. at 780 Marguerite St., next to St. John’s Episcopal Church.
Friday, July 9
Saturday, July IO:
AlcjtosJ** y I*
it it It it
262 Jahn St.
608-1727 if 620-6692
< .ll I It* 1 KS AV MI AHI I
WALNUT <> 629-6400
III I VV.,I Av,
all ii tow* lamas *.00 pm is od Time* good 7/2 thru 7/8
JURASSIC ■ PARK
DAILY 1 OO 4:16 8:60 0:20
Ho 12 46 Of 2 SO Show Thuiidav
DENNIS THE MENACE El
THE a daily
DAILY 1:30 3:30 5:30 7:30
Mace* tm 9:00 ONLY Bi Moray Jatema IS
BRAUNTEX 625-4411 290 W Sail Antonio $100 ALL SHOWS $100
Time* good 7/2 thru 7/8
"CHARLIE SHEEN daily “HOTSHOTS! mo*00 PART DEUX" 7110,00
“DRAGON: THE BRUCE
LEE STORY- tw-n)
DALY 2 XX) 4:18 700 8:16
NEW SERVICE MOVIE PHONE 620-HOTT
• The Book Review Club will meet for coffee at 9:30 a.m., and atlO a.m. for the review at the Senior Citizens Center, Thursday, June 24.
The monthly Comal County inter*
Agency meeting is scheduled for July 7, ftom 11:30 a.m, to I p.m. at foe Senior Citizens Center, The Inter* Agency group work! to Improve the effective new of social service agen* des, For more information eall ©29* 8181.
• New Braunfels Evening Lions meet st 6 p m, Call Rodney Wells st 625-6291 or 625-2947 for location,
• Compania de Datura Folklorica practice* 5p.m. to 8 p.m. More infer* oration is available from Mary Paniagua at 629-5667.
• Ballet Folkloric Infant!! practices at Landa Recreation Center from 6 p.m. 9 p.m. More information is available from Director Janie Gonzales at 629-1737.
• Comal Post 179, American Legion,
hosts bingo, open to the public. Early bird games begin at 7 p.m., and regular bingo at 7:30 p.m.
• New Braunfels Rotary Club meets at noon at the Seniors Center of Comal County, 655 Landa St.
• Medical Team Home Health is sponsoring a Bereavement Support
roup that meets at IO a.m. foe seoond Wednesday of eioh month it the Senior ClUtfn's Center, HUs month's meeting is scheduled for July 14.
ty Inter* jponsorfng tor July owupihMi
fader Paae Saloon
Wed • Karloke Night
Thura - Cadillac Traxx
Frl - Crossroads
Sat • Double or Nothing
904 S. Seguin 625-1223
Friday, July 9|
9 p.m."l a.m,
‘Te^ps Music Company
Saturday, July 10|
9 p.m.-2 a.m.
‘Texas Music Company
When it comes to reaching 95% of Comal County, use one source.
an informative reference tool to reach 95% of our area; newcomers, current residents, past clients.
25,600 circulation with a nominal investment.
also accepting information about your medical expertise to be used in special section (subject to editing).
publication Dates: Harald Sunday, July 25
Tlmaa Guardian July 28
Tbs Advisor July 29
Call 625*9144 to reserve space and for more Information.
New Braun fells
July 1993 Special Supplement