New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - February 25, 1993, New Braunfels, Texas
THUK& JAY, : tuKUAKi' 25, 1993 HERALD-Z) .I i'uNO 6
NEW BRAUNFELS Young Woman of the Year
CHECK OUT ONE GREAT STORE AFTER ANOTHER
Mn I. Store Plaza
(210) 620 6006
IM 35 Ext! 180
New Braunfels MIU Store PlazaStammtischChristian Singles
New Braunfels Christian Sin-gles*Group will have their Fireside Chat at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 in the Senhor Life Center fo St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Stef Paramoure, Director of the Broken Rainbow program will be the quest speaker, and thse attending are Riveted to bring a snack and a friend.Winter Texans
The Winter Texans at "The Other Place Resort” are having an Arts and Crafts Sale from 9 a m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 27. The resort is behind Wamecke Condos on Lincoln Street.Rose clinic
Members of the San Antonio Rose Society will conduct a rose clinic from IO a.m. to noon Saturday Feb. 27 at Schulz Nursery in Marion. Admission is free.Concerned Citizens
The Concerned Citizens Coalition will meet at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 3 at Victoria Bank and Trust, IOO N. Walnut
Topics of interest before the Legislature as well as topics of local interests will be discussed.Young Woman
The 1993 New Braunfels Young Woman of the Year scholarship
program preliminary judging for the annual event honoring high school juniors in the New Braunfels area will be held at 7 p.m. Feb. 26. Final judging and winners will take place at 7 p.m. on Feb. 27. Tickets will be sold at the door both nights for $5.Navarro auction
Navarro High School Sports Memorabilia Auction and Barbecue Dinner will be held February 27, 1993 at 4:30 p.m. at the Navarro High School Cafeteria. Tickets to the dinner are $5 per plate and are available at Dietz Flower Shop in Seguin and from any Navarro Boys Basketball or Baseball player.
Auctioneer will be Edmund Kuempel.Smithton Boosters
The Smithson Valley Athletic Booster Club will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday March I at the Smithson Valley High School Library.Project Graduation
Smithson Valley High School Project Graduation will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25 at the High School Commons.Hospice volunteers
Hospice New Braunfels is in need of volunteers for Comal and Western Guadalupe counties.
Spring Volunteer Training will begin March I and run through April 19. Hopsice New Braunfels is a licensed, non-profit organization which provides medical, social, emotional and practical support for families.
Christina Smith may be con tacted for more information at 625-7500 or the new Hospice office at 613 Walnut Ave. may be contacted to pick up an application.
Classes will be held on Mondays from 1-4:30 p.m. There is a $10 charge for materials.Defensive Driving
Comal ISD Community Education’s Defensive Driving Class,
Thursday, Feb. 25
• The Texas Department of Protective Services will have a training session for all persons interested in becoming a foster parent at 7 p.m. at the Seguin Library, 707 E. College St. This program provides a structured format through which prospective foster families can be selected and prepared to work with this agency. Linda Fisher may be contacted at 629-5033 for more information.
• The New Braunfels Multiple Sclerosis Support Group will meet at noon at Finkel’s Restaurant.
• All citizens, 18 years of age or older, are invited to attend the organizational meeting of the League of Women Voters for the Coital County area at 7 p.m. at Victoria Bank and Trust, 1000 N. Walnut Ave.
ITie league is a non-partisan political organization which encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Evelyn Bonavite, president of theTexas League of Women Voters! will offer help in organization and direction.
More information is available at Parlene Hicks at 629-5167.
•• New Braunfels Noon Lions Club meets at noon at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa St..
•! Fraternal Order of Eagles Aetfe 2999 sponsors bingo at 7 p.m. at the Eagles Hall, 257 E. South St.
• Comal Community Band rehearses at 7:30 p.m. in the New Braunfels Middle School band hall. Ken McGuire may be contacted for more information at 625-7728.
• New Braunfels Kiwanis Club meets at noon at the Victoria Bank and Trust North Building, 1000 N. Walnut Ave. More information is available at 625-6945.
• Bingo begins at 7:15 p.m. at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, 138 W. Austin St, across from McKenna Memorial Hospital.
• The SonShine Singers Senior Adult Choir of First Baptist Church meet in the Christian Life Center at 10:45 a.m. John Rushing is the director, and Betty Haas is the pianist
Friday, Fab. 26
• The Parents Without Partners Chapter 1273 will meet at the Braun tex Theater in New Braunfels at 6:45 p.m. for movie night
• New Braunfels Woodcarvers meet from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center, 655 Landa. More information is available at 629-1161.
• VFW Post 7110, 600 Peace Ave., hosts bingo at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Fab. 27
• Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 9213 of 275 Gallagher Rd., McQueeney has bingo at 7 p.m. Doors open at 5 p.m.
• Comal County Sportsman Association, Inc., 252 Kowald
THERE’S NOTHING MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD
AMERICAN I CANCER SOCIETY*
TEXAS DIVISION. INC
Would like to invite you to their Grand Opening, Sunday, Feb. 28th
Daily Lunch Specials
Caldo and Menudo on Weekends $3.00 Hours: 7am to 2pm 5 pm to 10 pm beginning March 2
Please come by and try us out, you'll be glad you did!
Our management & staff would like to THANK everyone that has tried our Delicious Mexican Food.
Owner • Dr. Juan Campo* from McAllen. Manager* • Mr. A Mr*. Rene M. A Viola (Vee) Gonzalez from Rio Hondo, Texa*. Head Cook • Maria J. Alvarez. Chefs - Reno Gonzalez, Sandra Prado, Guillermo Bia*coechea, Velma Garcia, Debra Cavazos.
Chip Bey - Raymond Cavazos III.
620-6677 2570IH 35 Wast
p program presents "Anchors Away"
Preliminaries: Friday, Feb. 26-7:00 p.m. FINALS: Saturday, Feb. 27 - 7:00 p.m. Admission: $5.00 each night ‘Silent Auction
‘AU proceeds benefit cash scholarship awarded to winner
New Braunfels Civic Center
Lane, has bingo at 1:30 p.m. More information is available at 625-7443,629-2603 and 625-9979.
• Parents Without Partners will have an Installation of its1993 officers for the Hill Country Chapter 1273 at 6 p.m. at Georkge’s in Marion. More information is available at 620-5018 or (210)658-1227.
• American Legion Post 35 will sponsor bingo every Saturday, 7 p.m. early bird; regular bingo, 7:30 p.m. at the Comal County Sportsman’s Club, 252 South Kowald. More information is available at 625-5535.
Monday, March 1
• The Captain JAmes Jack Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will meet at 9:30 a.m. in the Education Center, 430 West Mill St Ruth Hubbard will speak on Historical President’s homes. Lucy Lukey and MArilyn Houde will be hostesses.
Tuesday, March 2
• The Comal County Genealogy Society will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the Victoria Bank and Trust North Building. The board will meet at 6:30 p.m. Benno Engel will speak about the Engel family and “Luckenboc” located near Fredericksburg and the Lucken-boc family.
• Bingo begins at 7 p.m. at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa.
• New Braunfels Evening Rotary Club meets at 6 p.m. at Molly Joe’s Restaurant
It's Like A Whole Other (inturn
• New Braunfels Toastmasters Club meets at 7 p.m. at the Summit Center, 2405 Interstate 35 West T
his is an oiganization that helps individuals develop speaking and leadership skills. More information is available at 629-2232 or 620-4316.
• Skat players are invited for an afternoon of fun from 12:30-5 p.m. at the Seniors Center, 655 Landa St.
• New Braunfels Newcomers Club meets at 9:30 a.m. at the new Senior Citizens Center, 655 Landa St.
• Fraternal Order of Eagles Auxiliary meets to conduct business at 7:30 p.m. at Eagles Hall. Officers meet at 7 p.m.
• The March meeting of the German Americans Society will be held at 7 p.m. at the American Legion Hall. Bingo will be played after the meeting.
• The Comal County Child Advocates,INc. meeting will be held at 7:30 p.m. at the St Paul Lutheran Church.
Friday, March 5
The Church Women United of Comal County will celebrate World Day of Prayer at 9:30 a.m. at the First United Methodist Church. Women of all faiths are invited to attend
7% - 12%
Can Your C.D. Beat This?!!
Cod for no obligation information 9fru6etz Insurance 1800 300-4831
For people who travel the backroads
The Roads of Texas
• 172 page, full color atlas based on county maps, shows complete road system
• Large scale (I in. = 3.6 miles)
• Details include state and national parks, river and lake access, rural area churches and cemeteries, oil pipelines, historic sites, small communities not usually found on maps plus lots more
• Perfect for sportsmen, antique hunters, genealogists, vacationing families, armchair travelers—everybody who has to go anywhere nTexas
Also ,i\4ilal»k* lilt ROADS OF M W MF MCO and HIF ROADS OF ARKANSAS
707 Land* St.
You ran hclf) pre rn- ut heart disease and stroke. We can tell yon lone.
American Heart Association
Itll'. ,|„ll I I .|.(V I' ll ll .1 I JI ,1
)')'>? Ammiral* I (raft As
taught by Chanie Ho e is scheduled for 6:10 p.m. March 2 o d 4 in Room Five at Canyon High School. More information is available at 625-8576 or 625 8081.AARP Tax Training
AARP will provide tax assistance through April 15 to senior citizens and low-income taxpayers at the Dittlinger Library, Monday IO a.m. to I p.m.; Tuesday, 1-5 p m and Saturday IO a.m. to I p.m. Assistance will also be provided at the Senior Citizens Center Tuesday, 1-5 p.m.; Thursday, 5-7 p.m.; and Saturday, IO a.m. to I p.m.
666 Landa 625-3477
(Formerly Wayne's Garden Center)
MADE IN THE USA ASSORTED SHEETS
Save on a tremendous assortment of pattern:, and
odor. 10u ... cotton ane 50/50 binous
retai' price $9 14
FULLED $-4 24) 5.99/6.99
QUEENfretaii $?3 S3).........7.99/9.99
KING(retun $27-41)........ 9.99/10.99
STD. CASE(re?aii $14 21)4.99/5.99 KG. CASE(retaii $16 ?6) 5.99/6.99
MADE IN THE USA
Add that extra special touch to your bedroom with one of these beautiful comforters Many patterns to choose from
retail price $40 FULL Retail $45)
QUEEN ii.,a,. $50)
KING (fatal! $55)
UMH ONE PER FAMILY
$5 OFF any total stole purchase of *30 or more
^CodefZfEAJWM Not valid with any other otter or discount Expires 2/28/03
^ West Point Pepperell
Bed. Baltic Linens
625-5289 IH 35 Exit 199