New Braunfels Herald Zeitung (Newspaper) - December 8, 1991, New Braunfels, Texas
Page 10AHerald-Ze/fung, New Braunfels, Texas
Sunday, December 8, 1991
• Comal Independent School District board of trustees has scheduled a community meeting at 7:30 pjn., Wednesday, Dec. 11 at Smithson Val-
* ley High School to provide information to taxpayers regarding efforts to rollback the district’s current tax rate.
CISD Business Manager Abel
* Campos, Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum Carol Hall and Assistant Superintendent for Personnel Arlen Tieken will be present to answer questions.
• New Braunfels City Council will conduct its regular meeting on Monday, Dec. 9 and among the topics for consideration is authorization for the state to widen a section of Texas 46 to four lanes.
‘ “The city (if authorized) will pay for
; IO percent of the cost of the right of
* way to widen 46 from the Comal coun-! ty line to the city limits,” said Planning 'Director Mike Shands.
; Other topics for consideration «include:
!— A resolution accepting a $5,000 ; grant from the Texas Forest Service to develop an urban forestry program for •the trees in Landa Park.
\— A resolution accepting financial assistance from the Federal Aviation •Administration for improvements to !the New Braunfels Municipal Airport. I Again, the city will pay IO percent of ;the cost, or $56,500, Shands said.
•— Appointment of an individual to ♦represent the city in the Edwards ^Aquifer endangered species litigation, ’brought initially by the Sierra Club to icurb pumpage of the aquifer.
I • Comal County Water Oriented Recreation District board of directors •will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9 an the Canyon Lake Action Center at JI 941 Highway 2763 in Sattler.
* • The Charter Review Committee •will meet with the New Braunfels City touncil in ajoint workshop on Tucs-
VVhcn your air conditioning unit blows its cool, you may face the choice of cither replacing it with a ne* air conditioner —or an eke toe heat pump
Before you decide, get the cold, hard facts about the heat pump
For starters, installing a heat pump may require putting larger duct work into place And that’s not cheap Fact is, the heat pump itself costs more than a conventional air conditioner And because it contains more moving parts and runs through both heating and cooling seasons, the heat pump simply wears down faster.
What’s more, when temperatures drop down in the 30’s, i heat pump requires a back-up heating svstcm to keep you warm And who needs that?
day, Dec. IO at 7 pjn. in the Municipal Building Meeting Room at 424 Casten Ave.
• District 2 citizens are invited to a town meeting on capital improvements Wednesday in the Municipal
Building Meeting Room.
• New Braunfels Independent' School District board of trustees will consider approval of reapportionment of single-member trustee districts at their meeting at 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Dec. IO.
✓ ^Nursing Hofne^, i Insurance
I For Folks Age 50^84
| Can pay up to .$130.00 a day for a lifetime
Call today for FREE FACTS | including costs, exceptions,
I limitations, and renewal provisions.
| Call or Write:
Beth Gueldner Sales Manager 629-4155
• .. : "r
BANKERS LIFE AND CASUALTY
Chicago, illinois 60630
You w on't if you simply replace your existing unit with a new, high efficiency air conditioner. And stick with efficient natural gas heating A dependable gas furnace is designed to comfortably heat your home through the coldest weather. And thcv typically last
for 17 years or longer.
So before you break up the family unit, remember the heat pump mas not be as hot as you thought.
A Division of Arkia, Inc
Affordable Satural Gas. The money-saving energy.
A broken air conditioner is no reason to give up on the family unit.
CATFISH $ NUGGETS
Buy One Lb. Get One Lb.
Hushpuppies Free Hilshire Farm
[MILLER HIGH LIFE Only
12 Pak 12 oz. Cans
While Supplies Last
8 oz. Pkg.
All Flavors 6.5 oz. Pkg.
WIC Cards 6 Food Stamps*We Sell Postage Stamps and Money Orders
604 S. Walnut*New Braunfels
« Midnight /-.& _
j Day* mewsnncnvE december e thru december ie