Internet Payments

Secure & Reliable

Your data is encrypted and secure with us.
Godaddyseal image
VeraSafe Security Seal

Lethbridge Herald Newspaper Archives

- Page 6

Join us for 7 days to view your results

Enter your details to get started

or Login

What will you discover?

  • 108,666,265 Obituaries
  • 86,129,063 Archives
  • Birth & Marriages
  • Arrests & legal notices
  • And so much more
Issue Date:
Pages Available: 29

Search All United States newspapers

Research your ancestors and family tree, historical events, famous people and so much more!

Browse U.S. Newspaper Archives

googlemap

Select the state you are looking for from the map or the list below

OCR Text

Lethbridge Herald, The (Newspaper) - November 14, 1974, Lethbridge, Alberta Thursday, November 14, 1974 THE LETHBRIDGE HERALD 7 Health food fads blasted EDMONTON A member of the UniU'd states Semite selec t ommittee on Nutrition and Human Needs savs health lood lads an dangerous to the world Fergus luji told a meeting UK instiiiitt f lood technnlninsiv. hen die nutrition neurotu jsni of natural food lads is making people disbelieve technology It s dangerous b( cause we need technology to feed starv ing people said lydebdale who rias a Pb D in lood sciences loods aiealsohav ing a dramatic effec' on legislation Natural food advocates attempt to prevent use of safe food additives. However additives are need to prolong shelf life and maintain nutritional quality of foods In added Insisting North Americans must use methods to produce lood more efticiently and make food go farther Dr C h desdale said We re going to find ourselves at war when Lethbridge Public Library announces the opening of an exhibition of recent works by Bill McCarroll Friday. Nov. p.m. Lethbridge Public Library WEST COAST SEAFOODS Truckload Sale of Fresh Fish and Seafoods will be held at GREEN ACRES DRIVE-IN on Mayor Maqrath Dr. Thurs., Fri., Nov. 14th and 15th 11 a.m. to 730 p m. Herring Oysters Halibut Shrimp Salmon Smoked Fish Ask for new price list and schedule SOUTHERN ALBERTA THEATRES CARDSTON Mayfair Theatre A MAN CALLED HORSE starring Richard Harris In color Thursday November 14 Thursday show at 815prn ADULT NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN PINCHER CREEK Fox Theatre NOT NOW DARLING starring Leslie Phillips Thurs- day November 14 show at 8 15 p m RESTRICTED ADULT TABER Tower Theatre THE SOUND OF MUSIC Thursday Friday and Saturday November 14 15 16 One show nightly at 7 30 p m FAMILY The Beat Goes on... Jan with Booby Goldsboro jlant DRUMS are available at LEISTER'S MUSIC LTD. ___Paramount Tbeptie Phone 327-2272 LETHBRIDGE MUSICAL THEATRE ____ Presents "ZORBA" THE GREEK NOV. 15th to NOV. 30th Yates Memorial Centre SHE ELi r -TEFAN EEN THOMPSON -'S ZORBA Orheslra BOX OFFICE OPEN Yates, Daily to 5 p.m. TELEPHONE 327-7055 Tickets and GOOD BOOK NOW AVAILABLE Performances Nightly p.m. Excluding and PONT MtSS THIS THRILLING MUSICAL other c ountnes stjrt tu die i of starvation) And I don t think that s too sensational 1 believe it A member ot the 'National Acaderm of Sciences Coi niittee on ood Si items he said mu< h oi this whole food fad tiling has been the fault ot scientist hecduse we have been so busy talking to each other haven t talked to the public Scientists should start giv ing opinions even if there s a 10 per cent chance re Arong There s a 90 per cent 'hance the iadists die v, rong He said he personalh is nut concerned about food ad ditives Show Times Thursday Now IT b( PARAMOUNT THEATRE Sliort SubjeMs 7 00 9 10 1 ONGFST YARD 7 10 1 LAST COMPUTE bHO HhSTHIGTFI) AUULT PARAMOUNT CINEMA St o't Subicct Dt-ATH WISH 4 (AST COPVPirH M RfcSTRIGTm AD r COLLEGE CINEMA Short Sul in 01 in MAM; is NOBODY 710 9 10 A r OMOI i rt SHOW 9 oo ADUl 1 Nil RTAINME-NT PRE-CHRISTMAS Rugs and Upholstery Cleaning Special by Shining Knight Phone 328-8408 See Details In Tues Herald and Fri TV Guide ALL THIS WEEK at the Elks Club Lethbridge JULIO CERAMA SHOW from Columbia Nightly p.m. to Closing TONIGHT Ihru SATURDAY 'AL WILLIES' Comedian Entertainer at the MINERS' 733-13 Street North Members and Invited Guests Only! Kiss and make up Rock music star Sylvester (Sly Stone) Stewart and estranged wife Kathy who last month asked an end to their marriage appear about ready to kiss and make up as they meet m a Santa Monica Calif court- house cafeteria Wednesday while waiting the start of a scheduled temporary support hearing Her attorney said later-a reconciliation __________________ __ agreement was being considered The hearing was postponed a day They married m Madison Square Gardens before people five months ago paramount LETHBRIDOE SHOWING SATURDAY Matinee Only at 2 15 p.m "Everybody who has ever been loved by a dog will adore fl family film by joe camp ALSO SHOWING TONIGHT FRIDAY AND SATURDAY OPERA THEATRE ELKS PUBLIC BINGO 1251 3rd AVENUE SOUTH EVERY THURSDAY 8 p.m. 16 GAMES NEW BLACKOUT Played Till Won (No Number Limit) IF WON ON A BLUE BONUS CARD (No Limit Purchased) PAYS DOUBLE No one under 16 years allowed ELKS and INVITED GUESTS ONLY ALL THIS WEEK "JULIO CERAMA SHOW from Columbia NOV 12 thru 16TH SATURDAY, NOVEMBER "HERB'S MUSIC MAKERS" Comedian starts fast ROME (Reuter) Come dian Dick Oregon began a 24 hour and fast Tuesday at the orld Food Conference to protest the failure of the Lnited Sta'es to increase food did for starving people said Wednesday he decided to begin his fast after waiting in for a state- Tent for the White House granting an additional million o feed grains immediate to a s e famine n Bangladesh India and Africa The comedian and civil rights activist said he telephoned Ford to urge an increase in food aid A White House aide said tne quesnon was under appealed to to join in a fast and send telegrams to the House LABOR CLUB Corner 2nd AV6. and 13th St. North WEEKEND ENTERTAINMENT in theClubrooms THURSDAY, NOV 14 "GERRY" FRIDAY and SATURDAY NOVEMBER 15 anc 16 "COUNTRY BLUES" Members ana 'm Guests NOW SHOWING at 7 00 and 9 00 p m after your 3EK322ST COMMUNITY SERVICES DEPARTMENT CiT.' OF LETHBRIDGE Public Swimming, Skating, and Museum Schedule FACILITY Ttiurs Hov Fri Nov 15 Sal Nov 16 Sin Hov 17 Mon Nov 18 ITZSII POOL STANS1WIK POOL HENDERSON PARK CEIfTBE ADAMS PAPK ICE CENTRE CIVIC ICE CENTRE AD I r SH ALEXANDER GALT MUSEUM NOTE There will na bi Saturday Pool on dsi Mi and 6 00 S 00 D m d 1s