Lethbridge Herald, The (Newspaper) - June 30, 1973, Lethbridge, Alberta
THE LETHMIOCE HEftALD StKurday, Indian Baltic Park A 16-acre playground in the west coulee flats beside the Oldman River was the site of the last great Indian battle of 1870. A cairn in In- dian Batile Perk, above, describes the battle between the Crces and Assiniboines and the Bloods and the Blackfeet. The park, west of 6Mi Ave. S. in the coulees, also has a replica of Fort Whoop-Up, an early whiskey trading stockads. The replica was built for in 1967 through a joint effort of the provincial and federal governments. Artifacts in t're rooms of the fort replica include maps, photographs, utensils weapons and machines. An audio-vis.ua! presentation which depicts the history of Fort Whcop-Up, the Indians and West Mounted Police Is run for Fort Whoop-Up visitors. Sivimming in Lelhridge Swimming facilities in Lethbridge include one indoor and two out- door pools. The largest pool, the Henderson Pool located on Parkside Drive has a capacity of The other outdoor pool, the Lions Pool, 411 16th St. N. can accommodate 250 people. The indoor Fritz Sick Pool, 11th St, and 5th Ave. S-, also has a capacity of 250 people. There is public swimming at all the pools from 1 p.m. fo 5 p.m. in the afternoon. Even- ing swimming times vary but are usually from 6 to 9 p.m. (information on time changes is in the Herald) Admission is 60 cents for adults, 30 cents for students and 20 cents for children.