Lethbridge Herald, The (Newspaper) - June 30, 1973, Lethbridge, Alberta
tO THE LETHMIDGE HERALD Saturday, June 30, 1973- PROVINCE OF ALBERTA In the autuniri of 1874, 6m hundred and fifty Northwst Moused Polke.arriKd her? after an arduous mile trek across the prairies. On an island in the Gldman Riw just east of the present town theij constructed the first police in the named fort Macleod m Honor of its commander, Col. James F, HacleQd. The town whkh developed wear rhe fort was the -most important commercial centre in southern Alberts throughout the eirfii ijears of settlement.