Lethbridge Herald, The (Newspaper) - June 30, 1973, Lethbridge, Alberta
ft THE LETHBRIOGE HERALD Saturday, June 30, 1973 Fort MacLeod When the Fort Macleod museum was built in 1957 it was dedicated to the North West Mounted Police and to the pioneers and natives who were all part of its history in the late 1800's and early 190Q's The museum includes a replica of the original Fort was the headquart- ers for the NWMP in Southern is located on the west-bound street of the couplet which traverses the town of Fort Macleod. This year to commemcro'te the centennial of the NWMP the museum is featuring the official musical ride of the RCMP at Midnight Stadium July 15 at 11 a.m. Tickets can be bought at the door. A daily centennial celebration includes Jhe parading of eight local young men dressed in early NWMP uniforms on dark bay Horses through the streets of the town to bring the romance of the force back to life. The museum includes a chapel, the Sir Fredrick Haultain building (Sir Frederick was the premier of the NWT in the Kanouse original site around which the fort rep- lica was actually a canteen and a medical-dental building. All of the artifacts, dioramas and tableaux in the museum have been com- pletely researched and are authentic. Managed by the Fort Macleod Historical Society, the museum is open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Ad- mission is for adults and 50 cents for children.