Bennington Banner Newspaper Archives Jun 26 1965, Page 20

Low-resolution version. To view a high quality image

Start Free Trial
Bennington Banner (Newspaper) - June 26, 1965, Bennington, Vermont Transformation brought about by the Robertsons is dramatically apparent in comparison of photo above showing what they found and that at right showing what they now Call their permanent Home. Continued from preceding Page As the House. There is a View of Spruce Peak and a Mountain known As a the balls to the West and Only one neighbouring House in sight. The Robertsonsr venture is in some ways typical of the lure that Vermont holds for couples from the More metropolitan areas who come to the Green Mountain state for weekends and vacations. The couple had been visiting Vermont since 1948, and in 1952 bought the House and 23 acres a More or less a As the deed inevitably says and in 1958 moved Here permanently. They have a daughter mrs. Sheila cur Wen whose husband teaches at the University of Wisconsin and a son Ian l. Robertson who works As director of publications for his Alma mater Colby College in Maine. Not quite so typical however is the restoration of a the few such real estate finds possessing both Vintage and potential for restoration remain in Bennington county. With the population explosion rumbling in the not too Dis Tant future with the growth of the a second House movement and the increase of Leisure time the Story of the quaint old Vermont farmhouse is becoming More and More rare. Colonial shop jct. Rte. 7 amp 67 a Bennington exclusive dealer for. Ushman colonial Ancza ii lr1 colonial reproductions and gift Ware truly a browser s Delight we ship anywhere a photos by Resh restoring the House included unearthing two soapstone fireplaces both of which Are now Back in use. June 26, 1965 or. And mrs. Allan Pine Robertson

Search all Bennington, Vermont newspaper archives

All newspaper archives for June 26, 1965

Browse