Advertisement Clipping from Cincinnati Commercial, Mon, Jun 19, 1876.

Clipped from US, Ohio, Cincinnati, Cincinnati Commercial, June 19, 1876

Cftwciaaatl and Weitwood Narrow-t^ai® Ratiroad*It pay* to take a trip over this new rood, whlob leads out of tbe western part of the city. This road solves tbe problem of speedy and cheap temaait to the further suburban places. In this It li worthy of close inspection. In the beauty of the scenery through which tt passes it is attractive for a mere pleasure trip. The line rnns from Brighton Station, on the Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad, where it connects with trains on that rood and on the Marietta and Dayton Bbcrt line road«, and with the street cars. It follows the Cincinnati, Hamilton and Dayton Railroad an eighth of a mt'.c; then, turning to the left (to the west) descends, by a temporary line, to tbe Balti-asore pike crossing, where it begins to ascend, wv*»ing streets, to the crossing of Hamilton pike, at which point there is always a watchman to guard against accidents. The road then follows a street to the crossing of Madison street, and thore the ascent begins, at a grade of 132 feet to the mile. The road now follows tbe valley of Lick Run, but ascends gradually as it curves around tbe hill side, far above tbe houses and vineyards of the valley. Tbe first stalton is at St. Peter’s Church. Here, as well as at all stattons, the grade is cut down to almost nothing, to enable trains to start with ease. From St. Peter’s Church rlie road passes through tbe cemetery, winds gracefully to the right, erosses two deep ravines, on high trestles of timbers, on atone sbutcneuis, and reaches the second station— Hoflloeigicr'g. Leaving this station the line •poshes two bridges, and, curving easily to the tight, begins an ascent of 142£ feet to tbe mile, which continues through the Hughes and Metz places, through Eckert’s,“Strosburg,” toDate’sSta-tiou. Thence, still to the right, through the Mueller farm, past Werk’s vineyard and wine house, to Werk’s Station, the summit. Thore the paasecger find* himself 876 feet above the Harrison pike •rowing, and 600 foot above the Ohio Bttrtf. A little further along, three milee from Madison street, begins the first descent after leaving tho street. Down through a valley and up another hill and the road take* you to Westwood. Tho line thence is over bills and valley, and crossing a branch of Muddy Crock, to Glenmore, the residence of J. W. Bohurtz, Esq. Tho road crosses a ravine over a bridge four hundred feet lone, and ascending on a grade one hundred and four feet to the mile, through the property of James Robb, to the preswat terminus, beyond which it will be extended indefinitely.This little road has been well engineered by Mr. 3. E. Williams, built in flrst-class stylei and well ballasted with broken stone. Its construction la dne, mostly, to the enterprise of Mr. W. E. Davis, Sub-treasurer at this point, who lives at Westwood.The cost, including equipment, was less than ,000 per mile for tho fire or six miles.