Get 1 more page view just for clicking
to like us on Facebook
New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung (Newspaper) - November 1, 1984, New Braunfels, Texas 410 M053 Woodlands faees final deadline as foreclosure sale planned 6yROBERT JOHNSON Editor two foreclosure sales of The Woodlands Country Club at Canyon Lake have been but that wont be the case with the That was the word from John substitute trustee for Commerce Savings which holds the Woodlands Located off FM 2673 near the Woodlands is in default of a million loan on the If we cant work definite by well go through with the Steen said The third foreclosure sale is to be held some time between 2 and 4 Tuesday at the All assets and accounts receivable of The Woodlands Golf will be Property involved includes the country club and Wallagher owned by Jerry Walker and George We feel like were getting closer to working something Steen said this But were at the point where weve got to have something like a signed See Page 12A MICROPLEX MITCH WOMBLE BOX 45436 TX 75245 3 survive Halloween crash By DEBBIE DeLOACH Staff wfitef Four persons had the scare of their lives Halloween night when their twinengine aircraft crashlanded near Northcliffe subdivision south of New but no one was A Department of Public Safety spokeswoman in Seguin said the Woodruff Halsey of San An notified the San Antonio International Airport of an inflight emergency around 10 The right engine of his blue 1058 Beachcraft Baron had and the spokeswoman said seconds the left engine went At radar contact with the aircraft and at the pilot crashlanded the plane in an open field a halfmile of she The subdivision is located off IH 35 eight miles south of New There were three passengers inside the twinengine plane James Thompson of San and Gary and Geanne The DPS spokeswoman said there were no injuries related to the They were a bunch of lucky people on a Halloween she Volleyball playoffs Unicorns West Campus Blossom Athletic 7 Cougarettes Pearsall Judson High 7 Rangerettes Medina Valley Bandera High New Braunfels Thursday November New Texas 25 Cents 28 Pages Sections Riots kill 50 in India NEW India API Vengeanceseeking Hindus set fires and beat up Sikhs across northern India venting their fury over the assassination of Indira Gandhi by two of her Sikh At least 50 people reportedly were killed and hundreds injured Authorities ordered a 24hour curfew in New Delhi and 15 other Police in some places were given shoottokill orders against the mobs and troops were summoned to the capital from neighboring The United News of India said more than 60 people were killed Hospital sources in New Delhi told police more than 50 people were killed and 600 injuredin the capital The only government casualty estimate came from Home Secretary who told reporters nine people had been confirmed killed throughout Despite pleas for calm from Gandhis son and Rajiv the estimated crowd of mourners filing past the flag draped body of the slain prime minister in New Delhi became so unruly that police threw tear gas to restore Gandhi died Wednesday after being shot by two of her authorities have The United The mobs burned Sikh owned cars and and beat Sikh men they found in the News of India said she was shot 22 Police in Punjab state arrested relatives and friends of the two United News of India One of the accused constable Satwant was killed by other security and the subinspector Beant was authorities have A third who did not was He has not been The backlash in cities with Sikh populations was part of a surge of arson and looting by mobs of Hindus seeking revenge for the killing of the 66yearold The mobs burned Sikh owned cars and and beat Sikh men they found in the There was a twohour exchange of See Page 12A Leftover pumpkins These cooledoff and burnedout pumpkins wait for the garbage truck this morning in front of this Hickory Avenue residence after a bright but alltoobrief career of in viting trickortreaters night titHAi Ij Halloween on WurstNavy to open annual festival Myron Floren will open Wurstfest Friday afternoon with his own brand of accordian music on the banks of the Comal The festivities begin at when the Wurst Navy floats down the Comal to the Wurstfest grounds at who has ap peared at the last 16 will perform and Der Grosse Opa Jack Ohlrich and Miss Loverwurst Laurie Oberkampf will bite a string of Later in the the Cloverleaf Orchestra will play in and dancers and bands will perform in Das Grosse Zelt and Das Kleine The Old Time Melodrama begins at 8 in the Circle Arts Wurstfest activities actually begin at 10 when the annual Heritage Exhibit opens in the Civic Guided tours of First Protestant Lindheimer and Baetge House also begin at that as do the Sophienburg Memorial Museums antique hand work display and the Wurstfest Art Admission to Wurstfest grounds is Greg Cerrato left and Bill Campbell string up wurst for the sausagemaking portion of the in advance at the Heritage Exhibit Children under 12 get in I4JUJR t II I pi I 1 1 1 mm PT 1 n i City gives grace period on ventahoods PyDAMASTELL f writer Most oi the ventjlatton devices that aje Ui the Wurstfest ivti tooths will jnfftce for this but load bFeparers wUl have to comply with tefwe the Inside Comal Ri Canyon Lake inflow Canyon Djm outflmv Edvvarus Aquitef Canyon Lake level Water Watch Ib2 cfs samei 340 cts down 55 622 lup 901 lESUEKRIEWALDT HERALD ZEITUIMG Todays Weather It will be cloudy to partly cloudy with a 40 percent chance of rain increasing to a 60 percent chance Expect much cooler weather tonight and tomorrow with winds from 10 to 15 Todays high will be about tonights low about and tomorrows Yesterdays high was 85 and this mornings low was The sun will set today at and rise tomorrow at Celtic Rally The Boston Celtics received their rings for last seasons NBA cham pionship before last nights game and then went out and played like Page Scarey Boom The Sandinista government says a spy plane flew over causing sonic booms that panicked people who thought they were being In the Pen tagon denied the A Defense Ministry communique from the leftist government in Managua saiii the alleged incident Wednesday substantiated a longvoiced San dinista claim that military forces are planning to invade Nicaragua if President Reagan is re elected next Page 5A CLASSIFJED COMICS CROSSWORD DJARjAJBBY DEATH sj HpROSCpPE KALEIDOSCOPE OPINIONS SPORTS STOCKS WEATHER 57B 7C 3C IB 4A 3C 18B AB 2 800A 2A Out a com firs marshal Elroy well let themget next they wiU have to comply with local and state fire who bepaw lire marshal said he discovered the of proper during his iaspecUojis last tie said he toW the groyps seJlijag food at Wurstfest 8AiJ the cpwoly fair they would have three years to comply with the fire That was the beginning of Friesenhahn This is not something thai J started this Us jwt coming to a at first were W providing and fire depajUnejat had fljwsijjogs with ol ciwtis once we Friesenhahn was that they understood what we are trying to do and we understood what they are trying to Friesenhahn said that because the groups are nonprofit and the food preparation is only he was justified in giving them time to the this were a Set Page 12 A Absentee balloting ends Friday afternoon voting for Tuesdays general election ends but mailin oaUots still will be accepted until the polls close Tuesday night at Absentee voting in person can be done from 8 to 5 in room 106 of the County People who live out of the county but are registered such a people in the military or away a had to request a said county clerk Others who c request a mailin ballot are py over anyone confined in anyone with a physical
Once upon a time newspapers were our main source of information. Now those old newspapers are a reliable source for hundreds of years of history and secrets of the past. Now you can search for people, places, and events without the hassle of sorting through mountains of papers!
Newspaper Archive is the world's largest online newspaper database featuring over 130 million newspaper pages. Plus our database expands by one newspaper page per second for a total of around 2.5 million pages per month! The value of your membership grows along with it.
Those looking to find out more about their forefathers can empower their genealogy search with Newspaper Archive. Within our massive database, users can search ancestors' names for news stories and obituaries. We must understand our past to understand our future!
24 hours a day Monday-Saturday
Your full introductory membership payment will be credited toward the cost of full membership any time you choose to upgrade!
"It is amazing how easy and exciting it is to access all of this information! I found hundreds of articles about my relatives from Germany! Well worth the subscription!" - Michael S.
"I love this site. It's interesting to read articles about different family members. I've found articles as well as an obituary about an uncle who passed away before I was born, and another about a great aunt. It's great for helping with genealogy." - Patricia T.
"A great research tool. Allows me to view events and gives me incredible insight into the stories of the past." - Charles S.